Savona train station to port

Miss_Cruiser

I started this thread also in Ports of call, but nobody answered, so I will try here since Savona is Costa home port..

In June we are going on a cruise from Savona. We will be arriving in Savona with train. Do anyone know if there is any local bus from train station to the port (or nearby)? I found a site where it is written that there are local buses nr. 62,5 or 7 that run from train station to the port? Can anyone confirm this?

This is the site (but it is written in 2013 and I dont know if this is still correct): http://fotopiazza.blogspot.si/2013/01/quick-tour-of-savona-from-train-station.html

Thanks in advance:).

Edited by Miss_Cruiser

If you arrive on day when any cruise is departing from Savona, it is possible to take shuttle bus which is going from railway station directly to the pier.

Last time I used it (few monts ago) it costed 5 EUR/person.

Off course it is also working in reverse direction.

Thank you for answers. We dont mind going on the shuttle bus, last year we boarded in Civitavecchia and we went on foot from train station (it was a pleasant walk by the sea) to port gate and then contunued with port shuttle...:cool:

Distance from railway station to port shuttle bus in Civitavecchia is similar like from railway station to the pier (cruise terminal) in Savona. It should not take more than 20 minutes.

If you wanted to use shuttle bus to the terminal in Savona, the bus stop is located on the left when you exit from the railway station (together with other city buses - bus stop is described/problem to find it).

I can confirm that I used bus 7 and it worked fine. I don't remember the name of the station where I left, but you can see the the big cruiseships in about 400m distance, so you can't miss. It costs 2,30€ when you buy the ticket in the bus. When you exit, you have to cross the bridge to the port island and then just walk left side along the water, pretty easy.

By the way, on the way back from port to the main station, I just walked. It took 30 minutes from disembarkation to the platform (with a short break to look at googlemaps). Enjoy!

Hello

we are also booked on the October Victoria Tour in Asia - didnot find a roll call

looking forward to this cruise

I started some rollcalls in the past but they were completly dead, so this time decided not to do it. Nice to see that somebody else is planning the same cruise:-) See you soon on Victoria:-)