Costa Pacifica May 2016 - just back.

rowingmachine

Some observations.

Make sure you have some proof of your Costa Club status when you are trying to activate Priority boarding. We didn’t and had to wait well over an hour. I couldn’t access the Internet in the Savona waiting area.

The evening buffet is up and running as MDR intimated. It runs for 90 minutes usually 19:00 to 20:30 although it was adapted to fit in with late excursions. It's quite a small affair but well enough for the number of punters.

We found the Samsara pass at 225 euros for a couple for a 10 day cruise excellent value. It would have been even better value had DW not been tempted by the oils and unguents.

The Hop on Hop off buses in Lisbon and Cadiz had very poor commentary.

The information via the on board on line (free) and app was very useful especially being able to view ones bill right up to the minute. You had to pay for normal wifi of course.

Costa appear to have discontinued one of my favorite holiday drinks - Strega, but I managed to find a bottle in the deck 5 Bar Fantasia. It was not on any list, but it was charged as zero on the Piu Gusto package.

I can’t imagine enjoying a cruise without a drinks package. We were nearly half way there on the coffee and water alone. A good number of the complaints we heard were about having to pay for water.

Unlike previous cruises you don’t get a receipt if your drink or anything else is zeroed as part of a package, so no need to bring a stapler to keep a daily record. Even on the final bill the zeros don’t show, so you can tell yourself porkies about how much you have drunk.

Be aware that the Theatre shows and entertainment in general may use strobe or violent lighting directed at the audience which you would be warned about certainly in an British environment.

Edited by rowingmachine
missing words

Some observations.

Make sure you have some proof of your Costa Club status when you are trying to activate Priority boarding. We didn’t and had to wait well over an hour. I couldn’t access the Internet in the Savona waiting area.

The evening buffet is up and running as MDR intimated. It runs for 90 minutes usually 19:00 to 20:30 although it was adapted to fit in with late excursions. It's quite a small affair but well enough for the number of punters.

We found the Samsara pass at 225 euros for a couple for a 10 day cruise excellent value. It would have been even better value had DW not been tempted by the oils and unguents.

The Hop on Hop off buses in Lisbon and Cadiz had very poor commentary.

The information via the on board on line (free) and app was very useful especially being able to view ones bill right up to the minute. You had to pay for normal wifi of course.

Costa appear to have discontinued one of my favorite holiday drinks - Strega, but I managed to find a bottle in the deck 5 Bar Fantasia. It was not on any list, but it was charged as zero on the Piu Gusto package.

I can’t imagine enjoying a cruise without a drinks package. We were nearly half way there on the coffee and water alone. A good number of the complaints we heard were about having to pay for water.

Unlike previous cruises you don’t get a receipt if your drink or anything else is zeroed as part of a package, so no need to bring a stapler to keep a daily record. Even on the final bill the zeros don’t show, so you can tell yourself porkies about how much you have drunk.

Be aware that the Theatre shows and entertainment in general may use strobe or violent lighting directed at the audience which you would be warned about certainly in an British environment.

Re: the lighting, I did mention this to the Cruise Director on Pacifica back in 2014. In true Costa fashion, she said, in future announcements would be made prior to the show, and of course not implemented. They tell you what you like / should or what is correct for you to hear and they do sweet fanny adam in terms of implementation.

Can you tell me, was ice cream listed as 'an always available' dessert in the MDR? In April, it was certainly not available on Mediterranea, whereas I was told it was, on Pacifica.

It appeared to be Tomvet. I don't know if it was on the menu every night as I only had it once and wasn't looking for it, but our American companions had it as they wished most nights sugar free or otherwise. There didn't seem to be any problem.

It appeared to be Tomvet. I don't know if it was on the menu every night as I only had it once and wasn't looking for it, but our American companions had it as they wished most nights sugar free or otherwise. There didn't seem to be any problem.

Interesting! So it wasn't on MEditerranea and it is on Pacifica!

I wonder what actually is the story in this regard?

Was there one of the Hungarian Latin dance teams on board? Nobody seems to be sure exactly what ships they are on, having a professional-quality dance partner even for only a few dances makes a real difference to me.

Definitely not I'm afraid Bob. It was the singers and dancers of the Afro Arimba Dance company. I think they were dispersing in Hamburg. Rather good (apart from the aggressive lighting) but not Ballroom - mostly S African.

Thanks. It's disapponting, I'll be on Pacifica this fall, I really enjoyed the teams on Deliziosa and Diadema, their shows in the Grand Bar were excellent, as well as dancing with passengers. Theatre dancers are very limited as dance partners, they only know their routines, like the trained seals at Marineland, I don't think they dance with passengers anyway.

Edited by Dancer Bob