Dubai: Metro or Big Bus 48 hour ticket?

chem eng

I'm arriving in Dubai on the Costa Riviera on Dec. 19th and flying out on Dec. 20th at 11:55 pm.

I'm debating whether or not to get the Big bus 48 hour ticket. It appears that there is no connection from the port to the metro. You will need to take either a cab or a shuttle bus to a mall and then get the metro from there. The metro also doesn't go everywhere you would want to go as it doesn't go to the Dubai Museum.

I have had some bad experience with HOHO's in other cities and usually just take public transit.

What is your opinion and experience?

I'm arriving in Dubai on the Costa Riviera on Dec. 19th and flying out on Dec. 20th at 11:55 pm.

I'm debating whether or not to get the Big bus 48 hour ticket. It appears that there is no connection from the port to the metro. You will need to take either a cab or a shuttle bus to a mall and then get the metro from there. The metro also doesn't go everywhere you would want to go as it doesn't go to the Dubai Museum.

I have had some bad experience with HOHO's in other cities and usually just take public transit.

What is your opinion and experience?

We were in Dubai for 4 days after a cruise in May. I assume you have a hotel so first you need to go there and leave your luggage. Taxis were not expensive so just take one to the hotel and then ask the hotel how far it is to the metro. We stayed at Arabian Courtyard we could walk to the metro about half a mile away but it takes time to get to the Dubai Mall so I would recommend getting the big bus ticket. You have a very short time to see much of Dubai and the big bus or the( HOHO bus two different companies) is the best way for you too see Dubai in that short time.

We were able to buy our Big Bus ticket in the departure area after getting off the ship, then we just took a cab to the hotel, got rid of the luggage and starting sightseeing. If you want t go up the Burj Khalifa (tallest tower) order your tickets in advance (30 days before you want to go)

Any more questions just ask we Loved Dubai

We were in Dubai for 4 days after a cruise in May. I assume you have a hotel so first you need to go there and leave your luggage. Taxis were not expensive so just take one to the hotel and then ask the hotel how far it is to the metro. We stayed at Arabian Courtyard we could walk to the metro about half a mile away but it takes time to get to the Dubai Mall so I would recommend getting the big bus ticket. You have a very short time to see much of Dubai and the big bus or the( HOHO bus two different companies) is the best way for you too see Dubai in that short time.

We were able to buy our Big Bus ticket in the departure area after getting off the ship, then we just took a cab to the hotel, got rid of the luggage and starting sightseeing. If you want t go up the Burj Khalifa (tallest tower) order your tickets in advance (30 days before you want to go)

Any more questions just ask we Loved Dubai

Hi

We are planning to spend a week in Dubai in January prior to our cruise. Obviously, I have many questions, some "Nitty Gritty"

I would appreciate it if you can send me an email and I can then list all my questions. My email: Eventschair@aol.com Subject: Dubai

Thanks

Lorraine

Actually the cruise has the two final days in Dubai so I will not have a hotel room. I am thinking that I would take the cruise ship transfer to the airport first thing on the morning of Dec. 20th, and store my luggage there. I would then take the metro to a convenient Big Bus stop, or use the other freebes associated with the Big Bus tickets. It still would give me about 1/2 day to use the Big Bus ticket and then take the metro back to the airport when I'm done.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Will also be in Dubai for 2 days and planning on the 48-hour ticket on the Big Bus HOHO. Stops #Red 8, 9, and 10 look like the closest to the port and easily walkable without taking a cab. Did hear a rumor that when ships are in port, they will come closer to the terminal in the morning - but we shall see.

Will also be in Dubai for 2 days and planning on the 48-hour ticket on the Big Bus HOHO. Stops #Red 8, 9, and 10 look like the closest to the port and easily walkable without taking a cab. Did hear a rumor that when ships are in port, they will come closer to the terminal in the morning - but we shall see.

Though the stops look close on a map, you will not be able to walk from them to the cruise terminal or ship. Port Rashid is also a cargo port. When ships are in port, the Big Buses will be parked close to the terminal so you can walk to the bus from the terminal but not through the port on your own. There will also be taxis available at the port should you want to visit the sites on your own. Taxis in Dubai are relatively cheap and metered. There is a 20 AED surcharge ($5.45) when leaving the port or airport but not on the return trip.

http://dubaicruiseterminal.com/transportation