Best cruises for kids??

katemazz

Anyone have thoughts on the best cruises for kids age 7 and 4? We just sailed with Disney and loved. Wanted to rebook but noticing other cruise lines are cheaper. Will we be let down after cruising on Disney? Others just as good or better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disney is definitely more expensive, however, they do it right! I think most people agree that the service is excellent and it's all Disney.

My grandkids are older, youngest is now 8, and they have been cruising Disney since they were babies. They also have cruised Royal Caribbean and have been very happy with the RC product also. They do feel that service is better on Disney.

Would suggest Oasis class ship or Freedom class. Oasis class has so much for kids and excellent entertainment for the entire family.

We have 4 kids and have always wanted to try Disney but it is really expensive. To the tune of almost 2 times what it costs us to go on RCI.

We have done 1 RCI cruise and 1 NCL cruise with the kids. They loved both cruises. There was more to do in the kids club on the RCI cruise but they preferred the NCL kids club because of the kids they met on the cruise and that there were less kids overall (Much smaller ship, NCL Jewel vs. Freedom of the Seas)

The shows on RCI's Freedom of the Seas seemed to have a better production value than those on the Jewel. More refined with better costumes and stage sets.

Food in RCI's MDR was better but we did love the specialty restaurants on NCL's Jewel. Also liked that there were more options for food.

The kids liked the (1) slide on the Jewel but on Freedom we went Ice Skating, Rock Wall Climbing, Miniature Golfing and Flow Rider. We stayed pretty busy on Freedom.

I can't say you'll have anywhere near the same experience on a non-disney ship but the kids will have fun regardless.

-Sean

my kids love cruising. They loved NCL, they loved RCL, they loved Carnival.

NCL club they liked most, it was more active and entertaining for them, but they would agree on anything - just to go on a cruise.

My observation - it is a little better to not on a school break, less kids=more attention :)

We have 4 kids and have always wanted to try Disney but it is really expensive. To the tune of almost 2 times what it costs us to go on RCI.

We have done 1 RCI cruise and 1 NCL cruise with the kids. They loved both cruises. There was more to do in the kids club on the RCI cruise but they preferred the NCL kids club because of the kids they met on the cruise and that there were less kids overall (Much smaller ship, NCL Jewel vs. Freedom of the Seas)

The shows on RCI's Freedom of the Seas seemed to have a better production value than those on the Jewel. More refined with better costumes and stage sets.

Food in RCI's MDR was better but we did love the specialty restaurants on NCL's Jewel. Also liked that there were more options for food.

The kids liked the (1) slide on the Jewel but on Freedom we went Ice Skating, Rock Wall Climbing, Miniature Golfing and Flow Rider. We stayed pretty busy on Freedom.

I can't say you'll have anywhere near the same experience on a non-disney ship but the kids will have fun regardless.

-Sean

Hfn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have thoughts on the best cruises for kids age 7 and 4? We just sailed with Disney and loved. Wanted to rebook but noticing other cruise lines are cheaper. Will we be let down after cruising on Disney? Others just as good or better.

Disney "anything" is the gold standard in dealing with (and marketing to) kids. If you don't buy their cruise, there are plenty of folks ready to replace you.