Southern Caribbean-Which Cruise Line

jonsmom

Depends on what you are looking for. A lot of southern Caribbean cruises leave from San Juan - would that work for you. I am cruising the Southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean in a few weeks, leaving from Miami, but cruise is 9 days. Did a similar cruise last year and it was 11 days.

How important is the ship and ship's entertainment, restaurants, size, cost, etc.

Depends on what you are looking for. A lot of southern Caribbean cruises leave from San Juan - would that work for you. I am cruising the Southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean in a few weeks, leaving from Miami, but cruise is 9 days. Did a similar cruise last year and it was 11 days.

How important is the ship and ship's entertainment, restaurants, size, cost, etc.

I have to agree with this. "Best to offer" is subjective. What's "best" for you may not be so for someone else, and vice-versa. Make a list of the things that are most important to you. Size of the ship, on board amenities, entertainment, food, etc. Which ports are you most interested in visiting? How many ports, and how many "at-sea" days? Length of the cruise. Does the ship sail out of Miami or San Juan? That makes a difference in the cost of airfare.

I just wanted to expand on my previous answer. When I'm looking to cruise, I usually have a specific time frame in mind. At that point, I look and see what my options for that time frame are. If Southern Caribbean was an option, but only on HAL Prisendam, and it was an itinerary I wanted to do, odds are I would favor the itinerary over the ship. Hence my response of saying I would pick HAL for that itinerary. If your schedule is flexible, then figure out what your options are.