Alaska Cruises?

justretiredarling

I am looking at 2 possibilities. One cruise is the Island Princess southbound from

Whittier

Disembarkation

:

To Vancouver

It is 7 days and seems to hit the same ports as the Carnival Legend with is 8 days Seattle to Seattle. I can get a balcony on the legend for what I would pay for an inside cabin on the Princess. What is the one way route like? Is it the same....I am wondering?

Consider time in port

Consider cost of airfare

Go with the cheapest option because the excursions in Alaska are expensive - BUT OH SO WONDERFUL! Spend lavishly on your excursions and modestly on the cruise.

Also take into consideration that the ride up to and down from Alaska to Seattle or Vancouver can be a wild ride in the open ocean where it is not unusual for most passengers and crew to have seasickness. It might happen the first two nights of your cruise or coming back or just once if you are only coming back to Vancouver or not at all - there is no way to predict how the seas will be until your cruise.

Here is the May 16 Carnival Legend Itinerary round trip Seattle:

DatePortArriveDepartTuesday, May 16 Seattle, WA4:00pm

Wednesday, May 17 At Sea

Thursday, May 18 Juneau, AK1:00pm10:00pm

Friday, May 19 Skagway, AK7:00am9:00pm

Saturday, May 20 Glacier Bay National Park, AK (Cruising)

Sunday, May 21 Ketchikan, AK7:00am1:00pm

Monday, May 22 Victoria, BC, Canada7:30pm11:59pm

Tuesday, May 23 Seattle, WA7:00am

This is the May 17 Island Princess Itinerary southbound from Whittier (Anchorage)

DatePortArriveDepartWednesday, May 17

Anchorage (Whittier), AK8:30pmThursday, May 18 Hubbard Glacier, AK (Cruising)Friday, May 19 Glacier Bay National Park, AK (Cruising)Saturday, May 20 Skagway, AK7:00am8:30pmSunday, May 21 Juneau, AK6:30am4:00pmMonday, May 22 Ketchikan, AK10:00am6:00pmTuesday, May 23 At SeaWednesday, May 24 Vancouver, BC, Canada7:30am

Hi there

Yes visit the Alaska threads.

We were on the Legend last spring 8 day from Vancouver to Seattle, it was great.

I also agree that if money is a concern, save your money for the excursions, they are very expensive. You can of course do things that won't break the bank, but this is Alaska, you will have the opportunity to do things that will be a once in a lifetime and for that you will have to pay a fair amount.

As far as a one way vs. r/t you will have to decide...look at your ports of calls, what you want to do and if important, the cost. Remember...check out the port of call threads...Alaska, Canada/Alaska.

hope this helps

have a great cruise