Princess 7 day Alaska cruise

jspenguin

I'll be sailing Alaska Aug 2017. The Princess Website says there will be 2 formal dining nights. Could anyone tell me what they are? I'm guessing one will be a Captain's Dinner, but the other is?

Princess usually has formal nights on sea days. You might want to post this on the Princess board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197 and include your itinerary (northbound out of Vancouver, southbound out of Whittier or round trip out of Seattle for example). Obviously the season hasn't started yet, but some past Alaska cruisers may have a better recollection of the formal nights than I do :D.

I'll be sailing Alaska Aug 2017. The Princess Website says there will be 2 formal dining nights. Could anyone tell me what they are? I'm guessing one will be a Captain's Dinner, but the other is?

Formal night is where people who are eating in the dinning-room (as opposed to eating in the buffet) get dressed up in nicer clothes. Women....fancy slacks and top, or cocktail dress, even formal wear. Men...nice slacks and button down shirt (maybe a tie), suit coat, even a tuxedo. Last cruise a gentleman wore his kilt on formal night.

Being what airfares are and all of their added fees, many people just can't take extra suitcases for the extra clothes. If you don't want to take the extra clothes, just eat in the buffet on formal night........also,the Alaska cruises tend to be a little more casual in dress.

FYI any cruise line pacific questions are best posted on that lines form here on CC, as you will get answers from cruisers that have cruised that line and itinerary.