What is Azura like?

TennisGirl86

Hi there.

I have done one cruise, which was around the Mediterranean on P&O Britannia in July/August 2016, and on Friday we booked another cruise for August 2017 on P&O Azura around the Norwegian Fjords.

We loved Britannia and heard some good things about Azura but a little worried that from looking at the photos that we may not like it as much as Britannia. If anyone has been on Azura what are your thoughts?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Azura is a lovely ship.

Britannia is the newest and most modern of P&O's ships, so the decor is completely different to any other P&O ship, but they are all still nice in their own way.

It does, obviously, depend on what you enjoyed about Britannia, but I would be very surprised if you did not like Azura.

I've not been on Britannia, but have been on Oriana and Aurora as well as Azura. It would have benefited from having a retractable roof especially when sailing through colder climates, but by and large I think its a very nice ship. The ship had a friendly, family atmosphere and seemed in pretty good condition... although I think it could have done with a refresh in places, especially in the cabins as they were fairly basic.

What did you like about Britannia that you are worried won't be the same on Azura?

She isn't my favourite ship; that's Aurora, but she often seems to go where I want when I want to go, so I booked my 6th cruise on her today for April!

Azura is a lovely ship, but the only drawback is that a small minority of really dreadful people seem to sail on her. They have a habit of being verbally very aggressive to women on their own. I am travelling solo this time but have also had problems travelling with another woman.