Navigator review

flossie009

I would say that's a very fair and accurate view of Regent and not just Navigator. It's true to say the staff are amazing, they have an incredible knack of remembering guests and their favourite tipple.

Navigator is a lovely ship - even more so since the refit earlier this year but, and its a big but, we won't cruise on her again due to the dreadful vibration we experienced at night. We even resorted to wedging a cushion behind the new wall mounted television to prevent it banging against the wall.

On the plus side there are 3 other ships now in the fleet we'll continue to enjoy.

I would say that's a very fair and accurate view of Regent and not just Navigator. It's true to say the staff are amazing, they have an incredible knack of remembering guests and their favourite tipple.

Navigator is a lovely ship - even more so since the refit earlier this year but, and its a big but, we won't cruise on her again due to the dreadful vibration we experienced at night. We even resorted to wedging a cushion behind the new wall mounted television to prevent it banging against the wall.

On the plus side there are 3 other ships now in the fleet we'll continue to enjoy.

Glitter - if I may ask, what suite were you in? Can I assume it was an aft suite?

Cruise Critic does give fair reviews and this one does disappoint. Recent reviews of the Navigator really tempted us to return to a ship that we haven't sailed in five years. After more thought we decided to extend an already booked Explorer cruise.

If/when the Navigator is closer to home (the U.S. or Canada), we certainly may give her another try. In general, I like the ship but miss the forward lounge and it does get crowded in inclement weather when passengers are inside (and we would never consider an aft suite on the Navigator for obvious reasons).

I noticed that Cruise Critic edited the review since I first read it.

They corrected that every category gets included air, and yet, it's still not entirely accurate. It now says that only the top suites get business class (select itineraries) - and that once was true, but is not entirely true anymore (select itineraries), although I'll concede that it is complicated.

It also says:

Nothing in life is free, however, and Regent's fares reflect the inclusions. (For example, starting fares on Seven Seas Navigator average $400 to $700 per person, per night, based on double occupancy -- and you won't get a balcony for that money.)

The first sentence is true! But the sentence in parenthesis - not so much. It's only true that the entry level suites ("H" and "G") have no balcony. There are plenty of "F" category suites at $700 or less per night per person!

This one is $500 for an "F" suite with balcony:

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV161201/summary/default.aspx

Pretty long cruise, though.

This one is only 15 days:

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV171029/summary/default.aspx

and is $420 for an "F" suite with balcony.

Please check my math.

An finally, it doesn't say that non-balcony suites are 300 square feet - which is pretty big for an entry level suite. In the comments section, someone wrote "For $500-$700 a night PP, I would expect a balcony and a really large cabin." And perhaps he would not have thought 300 square feet was large, but it is relevant, so maybe that should have been in the review too.

I think it's fair for me to say that while the review is fair, it's not entirely accurate (as currently edited).

Wow, they charge you for air? Not my Sunoco station or the dealership where I bought my car.

They don't charge me for air; I use my own compressor. And my dealership, of course, provides free air (as well as washes, fluids, oil changes, and routine maintenance).

But most stations in this area do indeed charge for air.

One more correction to the CC article. (I know, it looks like I must be really bored today. ... I am! )

I found these two cruises on Navigator:

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV171113/summary/default.aspx

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/NAV171029/summary/default.aspx

Each has a per day of $333. That's roughly 16% less than the $400 lower range in the CC article.