Navigator suite upsell?

drcandon

Hi Folks...Wondering if I can get some input. We have been offered an upsell on our upcoming cruise. The upsell is for a Navigator suite on the Navigator. I have heard and seen both good and bad. If anyone has any information, we would appreciate it. Considering we are both so idicisive, by the time we make up our minds they will be gone anyway, but just in case...Please and thank you.

Oh yes they are offering upsells to other larger suites as well, but they are just too much money...

All of the Navigator Suites except for one are located underneath the pool deck. Depending on how noise-averse you are, it could be good or bad. I like the layout of the Navigator Suites, but unless it was a heckuva bargain, I probably wouldn't book one again.

If chair scraping doesn't bother you, it IS a nice suite...

Hmmm...that is what I thought..there are 2 (right now) that are up for grabs...934 and 937...934 is directly under the chairs...937 looks to be more aft of the chairs..but then diagrams do not show everything..the Regent rep and our TA said others might come up depending on the shuffle now going on

We were in 932 and the biggest problem we had was a company had purchased a block of cabins for their employees; they loved to congregate on the pool deck late at night. Clomping and scraping, clomping and scraping...drove my wife nuts (but I was able to get right to sleep) - we ended up having to call the desk several times and hound them to get everyone cleared out...I think if it's just normal groups of passengers, there wouldn't be any congregating on the pool deck at night.

I've heard others complain about noise from the crew moving deck chairs in the morning, but that never bothered me at all.

Bottom line - the noise at night bothered my wife, but didn't much bother me. And that was probably an anomaly, too, with a large corporate group on board. If you sleep with a noise generator or anything like that, you might be okay - it really depends on your tolerance for 'potential' noise issues.

1025 is also fabulous!..right across from the lifts and the pool bar.No noise whatsoever but unfortunately you have a butler....BOO!!....I didn't dislike the Butler as such but it was little inconvienient when you were just out the shower and in your bathrobe when he decided to do the useless canapés of an evening.

Again, i'm having an opinion. I personally wouldn't chose a PH and above suite because i don't particularly like people in my personal space like a butler.

If i were given an option of a higher suite without the butler then i would take that as it's not our preference.

I didn't dislike the Butler as such but it was little inconvienient when you were just out the shower and in your bathrobe when he decided to do the useless canapés of an evening.

Of course you can always make it clear to the butler that you don't want the canapés or other services. We liked the canapés, but didn't want help unpacking or packing. Also had more immediate gratification calling in our own restaurant reservations. I do like getting my shoes shined once a year or whenever we take a cruise. That service is available in all suites, but if you have a butler, he'll be the one doing them.

Of course you can always make it clear to the butler that you don't want the canapés or other services. We liked the canapés, but didn't want help unpacking or packing. Also had more immediate gratification calling in our own restaurant reservations. I do like getting my shoes shined once a year or whenever we take a cruise. That service is available in all suites, but if you have a butler, he'll be the one doing them.

Scott, that's great if that's your thing but for us we don't like the intrusion in our holiday. I really don't recall ever having to have someone shine my shoes, make restaurant reservations, or cover my head if the sun is shining in the wrong direction.

I totally appreciate your views but i guess we are all different our needs and wants...

Maybe if frogs were flowers and ants were doughnuts we could all get along better!

We booked my in-laws in an F GTY on our last Navigator cruise and they ended up getting an upgrade to a PH A with a butler. The first day or two, they kept asking us "What are we supposed to do with a butler? This is weird. Can we ask him to go away?" And by the fourth day, we'd stop by their cabin and my father-in-law would say, "Hang on, let me call Bejoy for another bottle of wine!" or "Bejoy got us a reservation at Prime 7 for tomorrow."

In other words, they adapted quickly. ;)

(PS - it was an upgrade, not an upsell, in case anyone was wondering. But we all knew that as they were in a GTY suite and not a firm booking.)

On our first "butler" cruise (2006), we also didn't know what we would use them for. Now they are indispensable (well, almost - we didn't have a butler on our Explorer cruise in July and won't have one the first two weeks of November). IMO, they are wonderful people as well as helpful in many ways.

Although we love the canapés, we found that it was too much food for us to have prior to dinner (canapés are generally delivered at 5:00 p.m.) so we no longer request them.

The first thing my DH does is have his shoes shined in preparation for the Captain's Reception.

Just realized that I am off topic. Sometimes I respond to posts that are off-topic and don't even realize it. I do understand that the topic is Navigator Suites. My apologies (but hope that my post was helpful for those considering suites that include a butler).