Princess Cays Cabana with Family

dogsambam

We are considering a Cabana on Princess Cays for an upcoming cruise. We will be traveling with our 7 year old and 11 year old. Has anyone had a cabana with their kids? I have read it is not right on beach. How far from beach? Is it a good idea with the kids? Anyone have some experiences to share with the cabana?

They are close enough to the beach to give you the feeling that you are at the beach, but not so close to the water that you can use one as a lifeguard station to watch over your children while they are in the water.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Although we did not have children....we loved the cabana. Close to new restrooms. Great to have a home base with outdoor shower. Appreciated being able to cool off in the air conditioning.

We ordered one picnic lunch for two and it fed all 6 of us. And they also bring plates of food from the buffet to the cabana . I think with children this service would be a plus.

Staff also waited on us regularly to deliver drinks.

They are close enough to the beach to give you the feeling that you are at the beach, but not so close to the water that you can use one as a lifeguard station to watch over your children while they are in the water.

Close to the water, yes.

But not close to the beach.

There are big rocks between the Cabanas and the water.

To get to a beach part where you can enter the water you need to leave the cabana area.

990107%20117%2001.07.15%20Princess%20Cays%20-%20Sanctuary%20bungalows%20on%20the%20north%20side%20DSC05965_zpsa9scqwb0.jpg

There are two types of bungalows: The "Private Bungalow Rental" and the Adult Sanctuary Bungalow Rental".

I've read that the Adult Sanctuary Bungalow does not have good ocean access. Are those the ones pictured in caribill's post?

We've rented the Private Bungalow and I don't remember there being large boulders between the bungalow and the ocean. The ocean wasn't "close" but it was an easy walk across the sand.