Visa for Egypt

casofilia

I see that the Aurora will be passing through the Suez Canal and calling at Port Said, Sharm el Sheikh and Safaga in Egypt in the near future. I assume that it has done it before.

I was wondering what was required to be able to leave the ship in these ports; either alone or on a ship based shore excursion.

Do the Egyptian Authorities require a visa? Is it possible to get this when the ship arrives at port Said?

Thanks

Mike

Contact P&O and they will be able to advise you as to whether they will get this sorted if you have a UK passport or other passport that is acceptable to Egyptian authorities - or whether you have to make your own arrangements.

Last time we did Egypt with P&O (a few years ago) the ship took an Egyptian official on board a few days before arrival at Egypt and the passports for those going ashore were collected and processed prior to arrival.

I think you might be looking at the 2017 circumnavigation?

The 2016 goes westward from the UK an eventually calls at Cape Town and proceeds to the UK via west africa, going nowhere near the middle east.

I have been on a cruise in the Red Sea, the visas etc were arranged onboard ship.

We have been to these ports and transitted the Suez canal several times and the visas have always been arranged by the Ship with no problems....last time 3 years ago on Oriana....so unless things have changed recently there is nothing to worry about. But for complete peace of mind ring P and O for clarification! :)