Carnival Breeze - Deck 11 Room Questions

JediSkipdogg

I'm looking at booking the Carnival Breeze with a 1A room for January. There are 4 1A rooms on Deck 11. Never staying that high I have two quick questions...

1) I've only been on the older Carnival Boats (Fascination, Imagination, Ecstasy) and have always stayed at the bottom of the boats. How is the top compared to the bottom in terms of movement? I've never had motion sickness but did get vertigo after getting off a Royal Caribbean a while back.

2) Looking at Deck plans and putting the layers together, I see the 4 1A rooms are directly under the Carnival Waterworks. Is there going to be noise at night that would be heard or since it's shut down I shouldn't hear anything (pumps, cleaning, etc.)?

Looking forward to going from the small and mighty to the big and fancy.

OK on Breeze these are all wheelchair modified .. Im looking them up.

Here are the first two.. On Magic all 4 are HC. yep on Breeze all are modified cabins for wheelchairs.. so you might be moved.. if they allow you to book them. (I hope you change your mind and dont book one)

I just had 1212 .. a 1A with port holes.. two beds on the floor.. there are some really nice 1As on these ships.

11268 1A 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper

View: no window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat

Note: Stateroom modified for wheelchair users

Non-smoking

11269 1A 185 sq ft

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat

Note: Stateroom is fully accessible for wheelchair users

Non-smoking

11274 1A 185 sq ft

Non-smoking

11275 1A 185 sq ft

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Non-smoking

Edited by firefly333

I cruise solo .. and love 1As, especially the port hole 1As like Breeze will have .. but I too spotted those 4 1As up on that higher deck.. thats the only reason I already knew they were all modified for wheelchairs.. because I wanted one too and looked at them on Magic.

1217 is a really nice port hole 1A, with one twin and one converted sofa.. one like his is really nice.. I have pictures of one like this on Magic if you are interested.

Im sorry as I am sure you did not know these were HC when you asked.

Dream class is the only class of carnival ships with cheap 1As for HC folks.. and these 4 cabins are them.

Edited by firefly333

I was not aware they were HC when I was looking to book the other day (I'm waiting till this dumb sale is done so I can book a 1A at the Past Guest rate.) Is that an issue (like what's different) or just the chance of being bumped? If bumped, would I just end up at the bottom in a 1A or upgraded for free?

If you have pictures of 1212 that would be great.

I was mainly liking the upper rooms because I'm looking at getting the Cloud 9 Weekly Spa Pass immediately once on board and figured if I was staying there I may use it more often than staying at the bottom of the boat. Hey, I'm a 30 year old single guy with a stressful job (Police Dispatcher), I need some relaxation, and sitting in one of those steam rooms sounds like it to me. :D

I was not aware they were HC when I was looking to book the other day (I'm waiting till this dumb sale is done so I can book a 1A at the Past Guest rate.) Is that an issue (like what's different) or just the chance of being bumped? If bumped, would I just end up at the bottom in a 1A or upgraded for free?

If you have pictures of 1212 that would be great.

I was mainly liking the upper rooms because I'm looking at getting the Cloud 9 Weekly Spa Pass immediately once on board and figured if I was staying there I may use it more often than staying at the bottom of the boat. Hey, I'm a 30 year old single guy with a stressful job (Police Dispatcher), I need some relaxation, and sitting in one of those steam rooms sounds like it to me. :D

I would look at the deck plans.. and if I was picking a 1A .. I pick one of the ones that have port holes.. (some do not... so make sure they have the symbol that they have portholes)

I know.. but those cabins are not spa cabins anyway, and I know some folks who cruise in wheelchairs who I would hate to deprive.. besides from what I hear, those cabins are upper and lower.. who needs a bunk bed? I personally think Carnival should not allow you to book these fully accessible cabins if you are not HC, but its illegal to ask people about their handicaps. But if you dont say you are HC, they could move you to any 1A of their choice.

Fully accessible means the main door is wider so the wheelchair will go thru, and so is the bathroom, and the shower does not have anything to stop the water from going all over the bathroom floor, so the bathroom floods when you take a shower, but there are drains. There is a pull down chair in the shower and bars and a emergency pull. Some have less furniture, but since they pulled the 2nd bed and have a upper bunk bed, probably not needed.

2217 is my favorite.. because its the one on Main deck closest to the aft of the 1As...which would look like 1212 .. which is more forward and bottom deck.

These cabins are almost the same 220 s.f. as a OV on this class of ship. (vs 185 insides).

Lots of space and you get a port hole to see out. You will have one twin and one convertible sofa. The sofa the back pillows come off and its the same size as a twin, just lower, as you can see in these pictures.. full size, but cant be pushed with the twin, .. but still better than a bunk bed like those HC cabins perhaps?

where the lower cabinet drawers are open below the desk.. thats your safe.

Voyager3280.jpg

Voyager3272.jpg

Voyager3271.jpg

And a very long desk (much longer than what I had on conquest class for instance) .. and a flat screen new tv

Voyager3273.jpg

Edited by firefly333

So 2217 on the Breeze would look just like what you posted above? I see it's available and I like it.

I've always had interior 1As so do you get any noise being an exterior 1A?

Thanks for the info. 12 minutes till I can look at booking again. LOL

I have more pics of the bathroom details. I didnt pick this cabin, my TA did, but at least he gave me a port hole 1A.

BTW be sure and bring a extra card you dont use.. any card, even a playing card. Otherwise you have to put your S&S card into the light thing to keep the lights on. .. If you forget and pick up your S&S card... you will be pitched into the dark.. the lights go out in about 60 seconds.

Its their way of saving electricity for those who dont turn off the lights when they leave the cabin .. I dont know about Dream, but on Magic and Breeze .. you need a card in the socket.

So 2217 on the Breeze would look just like what you posted above? I see it's available and I like it.

I did hear some wave noise but nothing I can remember.. but have heard it other times.. I have had a lot of 1As on all classes of ships. Good for solos.

I think 2217 is on the quieter side of some ships, that only have anchors on one side.. though I dont know that is true of Breeze.. its just my favorite, so I pick it if I can.

Also on Breeze, the glass elevators dont go down to Riviera deck.. so you have to either walk down a extra flight .. or make sure you only take the regular elevators... which go to deck 2, Main deck .. but not deck 1.. (who knows why).

2217 might be reversed.. but I think its the same lay out as the one I posted. I did see someone on the 1A thread.. .who posted pictures of a 1A reversed .. but otherwise like mine.

You can see other pictures on the "everything about 1As" thread.. someone started because carnival says they all are bunk beds.. but they arent.

There is also a free serenity deck.. with hammocks and comfortable chairs.. and in the aft there is a aft pool that is very nice for laying out... I didnt upload all my pictures to photobucket.. but the access to the free serenity deck is in a wierd place.. you walk thru the spa area to get to the elevators.. attaching a thumbnail of the elevators to the free serenity deck.

Voyager3286.jpg

Lots of good places to sit out on Magic (and Breeze is the same, sister ships, very similar).

Voyager3303.jpg

174051957_Voyager3282.jpg.fbaffb38cce5b03192fea968a2b7b96f.jpg

2216, you might prefer being port side of the ship.. opposite lay out. Its just as good as 2217. I just always get 2217.

Edited by firefly333

It looks like you have your choice of all 4 cabins that are on the Main deck that have two portholes and the twin/sofa bed configuration. 2211, 2212, 2216 & 2217. These are the only 4 that are configured like this on the Main deck. They are all sold out on the other 3 sailings during January and the only other porthole cabin available is one with an upper on the 1/13 sailing, cabin 1215.

There is a price difference between the two sailings, the 1/27 sailing goes to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Nassau and would cost you 981.26. The 1/13 sailing only goes to Grand Turk and Montego Bay and would run you 871.72. So, you'll save almost 110 bucks. Good luck with your decision.

I have pictures of 2217 on the Dream here. Decor will be different on the Breeze, and the room could possibly be turned the other way. In Dream's 2217, the regular bed was closer to the portholes. But I did measure the room, and found it to be exactly 185 sq.ft, exactly as advertised, so you've got plenty of space! Most of the 1As without portholes are smaller than that. The porthole was very deep on the outside of the glass in 2217. I'm guessing that 2211 would not be as deep on the outside, since the hull is curving inward. So for that alone, 2211/2212 may be a better choice than 2216/2217.

P1060743.jpg

P1030449.jpg

Here you can see how far the porthole goes outside the glass:

P1060672.jpg

P1060751.jpg

It looks like you have your choice of all 4 cabins that are on the Main deck that have two portholes and the twin/sofa bed configuration. 2211, 2212, 2216 & 2217. These are the only 4 that are configured like this on the Main deck. They are all sold out on the other 3 sailings during January and the only other porthole cabin available is one with an upper on the 1/13 sailing, cabin 1215.

There is a price difference between the two sailings, the 1/27 sailing goes to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and Nassau and would cost you 981.26. The 1/13 sailing only goes to Grand Turk and Montego Bay and would run you 871.72. So, you'll save almost 110 bucks. Good luck with your decision.

Past guest rate? I'm coming up with

01/27 - $869.63 (Room 2216)

01/13 - $784.86 (Room 1215)

The biggest difference is the 01/13 sailing I'd have to take 7 days off work (I work some weekends) and the 01/27 sailing only 5 days off work. So between the extra port and the extra 2 days of work the 01/27 sailing works better. I think airfare was also higher on 01/13.

Past guest rate? I'm coming up with

01/27 - $869.63 (Room 2216)

01/13 - $784.86 (Room 1215)

The biggest difference is the 01/13 sailing I'd have to take 7 days off work (I work some weekends) and the 01/27 sailing only 5 days off work. So between the extra port and the extra 2 days of work the 01/27 sailing works better. I think airfare was also higher on 01/13.

Your numbers are right....mine had 2 in a cabin, so the port charges were doubled. You'll still save 85 bucks by taking the 1/13 sailing, but I guess most of that would be eaten up by the higher airfare. The extra port stop of Nassau is a nuisance in my opinion since I feel that it's one of the the worst ports that the Caribbean has to offer, and many others on CC have said the same. Either way you go, enjoy your cruise and if you're a drinker....the My Awesome bar Program should be available.

SNJCruisers....so I decided to wait and now airfare has flip flopped on me. Essentially I can get to Florida on the 01/27 Cruise but I can't get back home under $200 and well, I don't pay that for airlines.

So I'm looking at the 01/13 sailing and was wondering if you had any experience with a room like 1215. I'm not looking so much for size, but any noise being that low. Or is it so minimal on a new ship to not worry about it? Looking to book tonight so any assistance would be great.

SNJCruisers....so I decided to wait and now airfare has flip flopped on me. Essentially I can get to Florida on the 01/27 Cruise but I can't get back home under $200 and well, I don't pay that for airlines.

So I'm looking at the 01/13 sailing and was wondering if you had any experience with a room like 1215. I'm not looking so much for size, but any noise being that low. Or is it so minimal on a new ship to not worry about it? Looking to book tonight so any assistance would be great.

The only noise might come from the anchor being lowered when we arrive in port, but that will only be on three occasions over the course of the six days, during our 2 port stops and when we get back to Miami. I have been at the front of the ship before and you do get your exercise, but with the modernization of today's ships I don't think there should be any excess noise besides the anchor. Not that it matters, but we will be right above you in 2211. If you decide to pull the trigger, hop on over and introduce yourself on our roll call. Good luck.

Actually, the anchor only drops for a tendered port or for unexpected/unusual events that requires the boat to stop in the middle of the waters. In docked ports, they don't drop anchor. I think all of your ports will dock, so the anchor will probably never drop. Even if it did, the port side (even numbers) rooms are usually where they will hear it, like a train running next door.

There are some sounds & vibrations when coming into port, but it's usually worse in the back of the ship. In low floors, the forward rooms are better for this. These front rooms can hear the waves crashing against the front of the ship if there are rough waters, and it can experience more motion. But there will be little to no difference between decks 1 & 2, as far as the motion & noise goes. In room 2217 on the Dream, other than the rough waters for 1 day, I seem to remember a very peaceful, quiet room.

• 2 months later...

Cabin 11269 is an upper/lower configuration set up as handicap accessable. It has no furniture other than the bed(s), a dining room style chair and the built in desk with ottoman.

It has limited storage, only two closet areas each about 12 inches wide, 4 drawers in the desk consol and a small bed side cubby area.

The bathroom appears spacious, but it is mostly useless space taken up by the shower area. The actual sink area is about 30 inches wide with no storage space other than the tiny area on either side of the sink bowl.

I traveled solo in this cabin so the upper bed was stored up in the ceiling.

The cabin is directly below the water slide area so it is fairly quiet at night. During the day, it is another story. There is a big bucket in the slide area that fills with water and then dumps it right above the cabin with a loud thump as the water hits the deck.

84017656_11269Cabin.jpg.90014d43b9cc691067abd6414fcd3030.jpg

1402090832_11269Bathroom.jpg.6a04e68b9a04c7cd70eb01d469d46079.jpg

715533640_11269Sink.jpg.70ef59d3e22f450ab142574706362796.jpg

• 2 months later...
OK on Breeze these are all wheelchair modified .. Im looking them up.

Here are the first two.. On Magic all 4 are HC. yep on Breeze all are modified cabins for wheelchairs.. so you might be moved.. if they allow you to book them. (I hope you change your mind and dont book one)

I just had 1212 .. a 1A with port holes.. two beds on the floor.. there are some really nice 1As on these ships.

Firefly was this on Dream or Breeze? Were your two beds both real beds or was one a sofa?

I had been told 1212 on Breeze does not have two real beds so just trying to find out. Thanks!

Firefly was this on Dream or Breeze? Were your two beds both real beds or was one a sofa?

I had been told 1212 on Breeze does not have two real beds so just trying to find out. Thanks!

According to the schematic, the configuration in this cabin consists of 1 lower and 1 upper, with a maximum occupancy of 2 people. The only cabins that have 2 real beds are the ones that are listed as porthole cabins. There are others that have 1 bed and 1 sofa bed, similar to 2211, which we had on the Breeze. The beds in the porthole cabins can be moved together to make a king, the other cabins do not have this option.

• 1 year later...