Southampton Questions??

We arrive super early from Detroit on June 6th and immediately will take a transfer directly to Southampton. Does anybody know what happens until we can embark Voyager?? Is there a place to store luggage, relax, etc.... Any recommendations on how to kill time until we can board?

If you're taking some sort of private transfer, I've got some good suggestions for places to visit along the way (or just slightly off). We loved our several goings and comings from Southampton, but I don't know the town itself.

You can board the ship at approximately noon. There is really nothing that Regent arranges prior to embarkation as guests are still getting off of the ship until approximately 9:00 a.m. Guests that have transfers arranged by Regent may do a city tour in Rome prior to driving to Southampton. I am not aware of anywhere to store your luggage -- hopefully someone else will chime in about this.

TC - I guess you meant "London" rather than "Rome". That would be a rather long drive (from Rome to Southampton) to make on a Saturday morning :) Of course, if you drove like most Italians do.....you might actually make it!

Edited by pingpong1

TC - I guess you meant "London" rather than "Rome". That would be a rather long drive (from Rome to Southampton) to make on a Saturday morning :) Of course, if you drove like most Italians do.....you might actually make it!

Oops - definitely meant London. Thanks for the correction.

If you're taking some sort of private transfer, I've got some good suggestions for places to visit along the way (or just slightly off). We loved our several goings and comings from Southampton, but I don't know the town itself.

My husband and I sailed on QM2 several times on TAs with additional segments, so Southampton was a port day for us. We took a fascinating waking tour funded by the town, and used the info on subsequent trips. As a port, the town had quite a bit to do with the Titanic, for instance. There is a monument to the deceased near the shore. Ruins of earlier Roman settlements are preserved, and there is a small museum.

We had friends in the area and discovered an excellent restaurant for lunch because it was too complicated to get them on board. There is a shopping center very close to the dock that sells the usual mall stuff. Supermarkets, food and wine shops, and assorted retail stores are also within walking distance. The people we met were really charming. Have a good time there.

Mary

We are embarking on a cruise in Aug., in Southampton. Mary, are you able to recall the name of that restaurant as well as contact info for the walking tour? Thanks!

Edited by nyfeds