Holland America Expands BB King Blues Band To Five Ships in 2014

aliaschief

BB King Blues band has become such a popular entertainment venue that Hal is going to expand the show to five ships in 2014. Yeah!!! Haven't seen them the link has two videos.

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/2013/11/21/cruise-to-the-music-of-b-b-kings-blues-club-on-five-hal-ships/

Edited by aliaschief

I'm confused ... I copied the following sentence from the article ....

"The Club will be onboard Westerdam now through April 5, 2014"

We sail the Westerdam early December this year. Does this mean we'll be able to enjoy it now? The article makes it sound like it wouldn't happen until 2014 - except for the quoted sentence.:confused::confused:

I'm confused ... I copied the following sentence from the article ....

"The Club will be onboard Westerdam now through April 5, 2014"

We sail the Westerdam early December this year. Does this mean we'll be able to enjoy it now? The article makes it sound like it wouldn't happen until 2014 - except for the quoted sentence.:confused::confused:

It could be the band that ends Dec 8 on the Eurodam is going to the Westerdam. Or there is another group already on Westerdam. Just a hunch. Note I got the link from the Hal Blog so it should be pretty accurate.

Edited by aliaschief

Thanks for the link!

Is it everyone's opinion that the following quote from that link means that the B.B King's show will start on the Noordam Dec. 16, 2013?

"Enthralling guests with its musicianship and quality, the B.B. King’s Blues Club band will return to Eurodam for an open-ended run starting on March 23, 2014, following their current run through Dec. 8, 2013. The Club will be onboard Westerdam now through April 5, 2014, and Zuiderdam now through March 17. Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam begin open-ended runs of B.B. King’s Blues Clubs, with launch dates of Dec. 16 and April 6, respectively."

DH will be thrilled but I don't want to let him see this if I'm misreading it.

Thanks

From HAL:)

B.B. King’s Blues Club Schedule

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=bbkings_bluesclub

We were on the Westerdam two weeks ago and really enjoyed the BB King Blues Band. They packed the Queen's Lounge every evening, plus doing one of the shows (an early one and a late one) in the main showroom, and were so much fun!

I gather from talking to various staff members that there is more than one group of musicians and the ones who will be on the Noordam in February will be a different one. If they're as good as the ones we enjoyed on the Westerdam we're in for a real treat!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on Eurodam last April. BBKBC was the best entertainment on the ship. On any ship we've ever sailed. Absolutely fabulous. Enjoyed them every single night, both shows. Danced with DH, danced by myself, danced with strangers, danced with DS. It doesn't matter. Once they begin, you cannot sit still, at least I couldn't.

So sad HAL isn't extending this fleet-wide, as we're on Amsterdam this summer. I'd love to experience this great band again.

BTW, it doesn't matter if you don't like blues. They play a mix, and they're so good, you get sucked into the beat regardless of what they're playing.

To those of you sailing on these five ships when BBKBC is entertaining,

e-n-j-o-y!

I gather from talking to various staff members that there is more than one group of musicians and the ones who will be on the Noordam in February will be a different one. If they're as good as the ones we enjoyed on the Westerdam we're in for a real treat!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The bands will be made up of "rent a" bass, drums, guitars etc. they are just a collection of musicians that have probably never played together before. Don't ever be mistaken that any one of them have ever played with BB King. There are loads of great professional musicians out there and it is a steady paycheque. All the BB Kings clubs have a similar set up with a house band.

No matter what the band make up is though, they will be leaps and bounds better than the HAL cats.