Nightly Elite/Plat Event

jamesnnb

A $5 drink is better than a full priced drink.:)

Plus I will try drinks that I would never buy, Margaritas and Mojitos.:)

Plus, as I said, I have never been to the event, so I want to check it out.:)

But the main reason I am doing Princess again, over RCI, IT'S COMING TO MELBOURNE.:D

• 5 months later...
IF the ship allows you to order any of the drinks on any day -- and Port wine is offered one of the days, would you normally be able to order a glass of red or white wine instead of Port?

Based on the posts I've read about the nightly PES event it can vary depending upon the ship & possibly the server. The only thing that seems to be consistent is the lack of consistency. ;)

I hope that you are right about the Coral, the set-up with the possibility of some music like that would be worth checking out.

I have one question though...

What if one spouse is Platinum and the other is not?

I've never read a post saying it would be a problem to bring a spouse.

When dining early we don't eat the tasty snacks but enjoy them when dining later.

IF the ship allows you to order any of the drinks on any day -- and Port wine is offered one of the days, would you normally be able to order a glass of red or white wine instead of Port?

The new policy is to offer the 5 drinks every night... Port being one of them. You'd have to pay regular prices for any other wine.

The new policy is to offer the 5 drinks every night... Port being one of them. You'd have to pay regular prices for any other wine.

Thanks for the update & maybe Princess will inform all of their crewmembers to have a standard implementation of this new policy...something that doesn't always happen. ;)

I hope that you are right about the Coral, the set-up with the possibility of some music like that would be worth checking out.

I have one question though...

What if one spouse is Platinum and the other is not?

Officially, I believe they allow another person staying in your cabin to attend (they don't care if it's your spouse or someone else's:)) - but not another guest (including your spouse if staying in another cabin).

However, they often don't ask for ID. If they do ask, one ID for a couple would usually be enough, and they would not normally ask for identification for the second person.

Thanks for the update & maybe Princess will inform all of their crewmembers to have a standard implementation of this new policy...something that doesn't always happen. ;)

A standard policy would be nice to see.

On the Star at the end of November all 8 drinks that were $5.00 were specifically listed on the menu as being offered on any night. On the Ruby in January this year it was not listed that way (and there were only 7 drinks). However, the servers were telling everyone that any of the 7 could be ordered on any night.

A standard policy would be nice to see.

On the Star at the end of November all 8 drinks that were $5.00 were specifically listed on the menu as being offered on any night. On the Ruby in January this year it was not listed that way (and there were only 7 drinks). However, the servers were telling everyone that any of the 7 could be ordered on any night.

Thanks for the update.