Obc for military service?

rentlady

Hello,

Once they have the military service on file, you will not need to resend it each time. We found out on our second booking with Princess that it automatically applies after they have it in the system. Great perk! :)

Yes, it's nice that Princess is doing this. Plus it's great that we (veterans) no longer have to keep resubmitting our dd214 each time. Hopefully Princess will get generous and include veterans from the UK and Europe.

Edited by Treven

Here's the link for you http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.VeEz3Pm6fIU

I think you still have time to get the credit.

Both my wife and I are veterans. We mailed our DD214s in and the credit was on our account in less than a week. There is also an option of attaching a scan of the DD214 to an email or sending it in as a fax. The office that does this at Princess is very efficient.

I just read on cc that princess will issue vets a credit from $100 to $250. My husband has his dd214 , how do does he get this? we are booked on a cruise next month, can he still get the credit?

One month is enough time to get the credit. Also it is refundable if you don't use it by the end of the cruise. However, we have never had money left over. It goes for tips and tours and before you know it we owe them at the end.

One thing you may not know is that this is one of the onboard credits that is refundable if unused. Even the stockholders credit is not refundable. Look at your credits on your personalizer and there is an asterisk leading to the following statement. "Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable." There is no asterisk on military credit. Also your onboard statement will have NR next to the non refundable credits. This is not one of them.

I just read on cc that princess will issue vets a credit from $100 to $250. My husband has his dd214 , how do does he get this? we are booked on a cruise next month, can he still get the credit?

Make sure to black out the SSN on the DD214 before scanning or sending it. Princess doesn't require that. Another VET that appreciates what Princess is doing.

One thing you may not know is that this is one of the onboard credits that is refundable if unused. Even the stockholders credit is not refundable. Look at your credits on your personalizer and there is an asterisk leading to the following statement. "Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable." There is no asterisk on military credit. Also your onboard statement will have NR next to the non refundable credits. This is not one of them.

I am having a conceptual problem here - a Vet who cannot drink/consume their way through $100 OBC?

Most Brit Vets (myself included) would shift that in 1 or 2 nights!:D;)

BTW - I do appreciate the gesture and it probably pays off for Princess to give this to UK vets - most of us run up substantial bar bills!

Edited by SteveH2508

I am having a conceptual problem here - a Vet who cannot drink/consume their way through $100 OBC?

Most Brit Vets (myself included) would shift that in 1 or 2 nights!:D;)

BTW - I do appreciate the gesture and it probably pays off for Princess to give this to UK vets - most of us run up substantial bar bills!

The OBC can be automatically applied to the daily service charge, tours, dining at Crown Grille, and a spending spree at Facets, etc.

DH receives the Military OBC and I/we are shareholders, plus we receive FCC credits and whatever TA promo for additional spending monies. No matter how much we have "banked" on each cruise, we always have a balance due that goes to the credit card.

Darcy

The OBC can be automatically applied to the daily service charge, tours, dining at Crown Grille, and a spending spree at Facets, etc.

DH receives the Military OBC and I/we are shareholders, plus we receive FCC credits and whatever TA promo for additional spending monies. No matter how much we have "banked" on each cruise, we always have a balance due that goes to the credit card.

Darcy

Yes, it's a simple credit to offset any type of onboard debit and we always find a way to spend my thank you veterans MOBC.

Depending on the length of the cruise, it will range from $50 (5 days) $100 (10+ days) and 14 days = $250. Yes, there is still time to fax his DD214 to your TA or Princess for them to credit on OBC. Only he gets it. Good luck and have a good cruise.

Depending on the length of the cruise, it will range from $50 (5 days) $100 (10+ days) and 14 days = $250. Yes, there is still time to fax his DD214 to your TA or Princess for them to credit on OBC. Only he gets it. Good luck and have a good cruise.

1 to 6 days = $50

7 to 13 days = $100

14 or more = $250

If you are booking a b2b that can also be booked as one cruise, it pays to look at the different OBCs and see which way of booking is best.

I would suggest you fax it instead of emailing a scanned copy. We emailed, no response at all. Faxed and got the credit in less than 24 hrs.... Perhaps not everyone's experience but certainly ours. Very appreciated credit on our upcoming first Princess cruise!

Yes, we have just received $1050 OBC, 750 for vet credit ( includes 250 they forgot from last cruise) and '300 for booking this on our last cruise.

With those OBC amounts you're apparently sailing b2b cruises & if you had shareholder's OBC you'd have an additional $500 of OBC. :) On a b2b (14 & 17 day) cruises, we had $1,650 of various types of OBC.