Pizza of my dreams!

Gallivanting Souls

On our cruise this past January (the Grand) we tried Alfredo's for pizza. Turns out Alfredo's is the pizza of my dreams. We are now considering going on the Caribbean Princess. I believe they don't have an Alfredo's, but Prego Pizza. Will I be dreaming about this pizza as much as Alfredo's or disappointed as I have been with my local pizza choices since I got back from the cruise?

Two different styles of pizza; but, IMHO, both equally delicious. Some don't, but we love the pizzas on Princess. If I were forced, I would choose Pregos because I can grab a slice, or three, on the way back to my cabin....

Mangia and Salute. Paul

Two different styles of pizza; but, IMHO, both equally delicious. Some don't, but we love the pizzas on Princess. If I were forced, I would choose Pregos because I can grab a slice, or three, on the way back to my cabin....

Mangia and Salute. Paul

THANK YOU! That's a useful tip for a quick snack.

As mentioned Prego Pizza is pizza by the slice. Each slice is from a large 8 slice pie as opposed to the smaller individual pies at Alfredo's. Prego opens at 11am and stays open for MUTS until 10 or 11pm. Margarita and Pepperoni pizza is available every day plus each day there is a special. Get as many slices as you like, no limit. It is good pizza.

Prego pizza is the Lido deck "by the slice" pizza. Nothing like Alfredo's but still pretty good. IMHO, nothing beats Alfredo's but I enjoy the Lido deck pizza too.

We agree on just about everything Pam says, and this is one more of them. Prego's is still a good offering with a limited menu of pizzas by the slice and they are great. Alfredo's has a larger menu for personal sized pizzas and other items such as salads and pasta dishes.

No comparison for me, the sit down one wins by far. I loved the pizzeria in the central atrium on the Sun/Dawn/Sea /Ocean , or even the old Crown/Regal. Sure glad they starting adding it to more ships. Alfredos on the Grand is great, I wish it was on all ships

Alfredo's has a larger menu for personal sized pizzas and other items such as salads and pasta dishes.
FYI, the expanded menu (other than just pizza) is available only on the Royal and Regal. No salad or pasta dishes on the other ships with an Alfredo's. :(

My wife, son, and I were horribly disappointed in Prego's pizza. We loved the pizza at Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess and at Alfredo's on Star Princess. Both times we sailed on Star we tried Prego's and ended up not even eating it as it was so bad. We sailed Crown Princess and never even tried the pizza at Prego's due to our previous experiences on Star.

You will likely find that everybody else here loves the pizza from Prego's. I don't know what they are comparing it to but we found it to be totally unacceptable. The times we tried it there was almost no sauce and it tasted about like something I could get from the frozen food section of a grocery store.

I sincerely hope your experience differs from ours.

I have to agree that the pizza on Princess is better than some places in my neighborhood. It has just the right cheese to sauce ratio,a thin crisp crust. and when you fold it in half you can drip oil onto the plate. I have had pizza outside of NY and on other cruise lines that were worse than a frozen pizza from the supermarket. I haven't experienced Alfredo's but the pizza poolside on CB is great for lunch or late afternoon snack if you eat dinner late.

My wife, son, and I were horribly disappointed in Prego's pizza. We loved the pizza at Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess and at Alfredo's on Star Princess. Both times we sailed on Star we tried Prego's and ended up not even eating it as it was so bad. We sailed Crown Princess and never even tried the pizza at Prego's due to our previous experiences on Star.

You will likely find that everybody else here loves the pizza from Prego's. I don't know what they are comparing it to but we found it to be totally unacceptable. The times we tried it there was almost no sauce and it tasted about like something I could get from the frozen food section of a grocery store.

I sincerely hope your experience differs from ours.

There is an Alfredo's on Star?

When I checked the Princess site, the dining options PDF shows Alfredo's is only on Grand, Regal, Royal and Sapphire:confused:

Carole

Been on 135 cruises and no more for me, cruising has declined in so many respects will not waste my money any more on "today's" cruise product.

That said, the Princess pizza no matter which ship, no matter whether on deck or inside was always the very best in the cruise industry.

I could be wrong but I believe the recipe for Princess pizza was brought over from Sitmar Cruises.

Worldspan

125 cruises strong (and no more)

There is an Alfredo's on Star?

When I checked the Princess site, the dining options PDF shows Alfredo's is only on Grand, Regal, Royal and Sapphire:confused:

Carole

No. I think Thrak was referring to Prego's on the Star.

Been on 135 cruises and no more for me, cruising has declined in so many respects will not waste my money any more on "today's" cruise product.

That said, the Princess pizza no matter which ship, no matter whether on deck or inside was always the very best in the cruise industry.

I could be wrong but I believe the recipe for Princess pizza was brought over from Sitmar Cruises.

Worldspan

125 cruises strong (and no more)

Just curious, not judging. Why bother posting on Cruise Critic at this point? ;)

I prefer the Prego to Alfredo's, but that's just me. Prego is good basic pizza, the kind you might get in a pizza parlor. Alfredo's is more "gourmet," with exotic toppings.

We liked the Grand Princess Pizza in Alfredo's. Not quite so exotic and very good. :)

I prefer the Prego to Alfredo's, but that's just me. Prego is good basic pizza, the kind you might get in a pizza parlor. Alfredo's is more "gourmet," with exotic toppings.

IMHO, there is nothing better than hitting the Lido for some Prego's pizza after a long port day!

I wonder if it's just the Prego's pizza on Star that is bad? That's the only ship where we have tried it and on both Star cruises it was terrible.

Just ignore the menu. If they have the toppings and you ask nice they always make exactly what I want in Alfredos.

I wonder if it's just the Prego's pizza on Star that is bad? That's the only ship where we have tried it and on both Star cruises it was terrible.

Could be. The Star's one ship I haven't been on. The 3 ships I have been on (coral, CB and the Crown), the pizza was great at Prego's

... I don't know what they are comparing it to but we found it to be totally unacceptable. The times we tried it there was almost no sauce and it tasted about like something I could get from the frozen food section of a grocery store....

They make pizza just the way I like it: Thin, crispy and just the right amount of sauce. In my opinion, nothing like frozen pizza. To each his own, I guess.