Nightly Elite/Plat Event

jamesnnb

With the drink packages being promoted -- we were wondering if the nightly Elite/Plat Event has changed at all? Still the same $5 for 'special' drinks? Does anyone have the current 'menu' of snacks?

Still the same. Same menu.

We're not familiar with the old menu -- what is offered each night?

1 featured drink and 1 hors d'oeuvres each night.

Chips/Guac

Stilton

Steak tartare

Shrimp

Salmon

to name a few nights offerings.

El Mejor Margarita

Chairman of the board

can't remember the rest.

We're not familiar with the old menu -- what is offered each night?

Shrimp cocktail one evening. Guacamole, Stilton cheese, steak tartare, chips and salsa, etc. In addition to the evening offering, there will be cheese and crackers, olives, nuts, etc.

Hi cruisers, Sorry we're not familiar with the nightly Elite/Plat Event. We are Platinum, but haven't "partaken', as for some reason did not know about it.

Any helpful information/explanation is greatly appreciated! We are on the Regal, 10 night repo Oct. 24th.

Thanks very much in advance. :-)

Hi cruisers, Sorry we're not familiar with the nightly Elite/Plat Event. We are Platinum, but haven't "partaken', as for some reason did not know about it.

Any helpful information/explanation is greatly appreciated! We are on the Regal, 10 night repo Oct. 24th.

Thanks very much in advance. :-)

On the Regal its held in Club 6 from 5pm-7pm. Not held on Captains Circle party nights. There should be a card/menu with all the nights of the cruise with the featured drink and the food for the night in your cabin, if not ask Stewart for one.

Featured drink of the evening $5.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Stilton is good. Blue Stilton can be very good but I don't suppose Princess goes there with their selection. Our next cruise (September 21) will be our first as Platinum so we may check out the soiree but having read numerous posts here about it I don't have great expectations. :p

Stilton is good. Blue Stilton can be very good but I don't suppose Princess goes there with their selection. Our next cruise (September 21) will be our first as Platinum so we may check out the soiree but having read numerous posts here about it I don't have great expectations. :p

You might find you like it. We really enjoy talking to other cruisers we meet there, and we often chat with the same people for the duration of the cruise. The bar staff also become familiar to us, and we like to see our favorites each night. I also like the view when it's held in Skywalker's. On shrimp night, I'm in heaven. :D

You might find you like it. We really enjoy talking to other cruisers we meet there, and we often chat with the same people for the duration of the cruise. The bar staff also become familiar to us, and we like to see our favorites each night. I also like the view when it's held in Skywalker's. On shrimp night, I'm in heaven. :D

That's good to hear. No Skywalker's as we will be sailing the canal on Coral Princess. I'm looking forward to the cruise and to the ship as we haven't sailed on Coral before.

I definitely want to check out On The Bayou as I've read many positive reviews of that show. Now that Island Princess has been hacked up Coral is the only ship left with a venue for that show. (We sail on Island next June on the return portion of our cruise tour.)

Recent 10 Day Cruise

September 17

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita

September 18

Beef Tartare with Melba Toast

Chivas Regal Rob Roy

September 19

Smoked Salmon with Toast Points

Chairman of the Board

September 20

Authentic Mexican Salsa with Tortilla Chips

Mojito

September 21

Wheel of Stilton with Port Wine, Walnut Baguette

House Port

September 22

Herb Marinated Goat’s Cheese with Crisp

Rosemary Flatbread & Tomato Bruschetta

Brezza Marina

September 23

Assorted Sushi with Soy Sauce, Wasabi & Ginger

Japanese Slipper

September 24

Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce

Cosmopolitan

Sept. 25 - Closed

Princess Captain’s Circle Cocktail Party in Vista Lounge

September 26

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita

Even though the menu is the same fleet wide, the quality varies greatly. As someone who grew up in Texas, I am particular about my guacamole.

• On one ship, a chef made the guacamole fresh at the table in front of us. It was some of the best guacamole I have ever tasted.
  • On another ship, the guacamole was frozen - and not defrosted before serving. It was possibly the worst excuse for guacamole I have ever attempted to eat.

That's good to hear. No Skywalker's as we will be sailing the canal on Coral Princess. I'm looking forward to the cruise and to the ship as we haven't sailed on Coral before.

I definitely want to check out On The Bayou as I've read many positive reviews of that show. Now that Island Princess has been hacked up Coral is the only ship left with a venue for that show. (We sail on Island next June on the return portion of our cruise tour.)

No worries about the Island. They are performing "On the Bayou" in the Princess theater. You'll get to see it both ways. :D

On the Coral, the Elite/Platinum lounge will usually be in a sectioned off area of the Explorer's lounge. DH and I enjoy going. Sometimes the party band will play live music from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We generally would go down around 6:30 and have a snack and a drink before dinner.

We still like going but it's just too close to dinner. Just another reason why the cloths seem to shrink by the end of the cruise. Wonder how it would work if they had it later in the evening after dinner.

No worries about the Island. They are performing "On the Bayou" in the Princess theater. You'll get to see it both ways. :D

Have you seen it? I'm curious what changes (if any) where made to it since the scenery and blocking was done to incorporate the revolving stages on the Coral and the Island.

You are going to love the Coral. Lounge will be in Explorer's but still fun. On our last Panama trip on Coral, the chef in charge of the appetizers in there was voted employee of the month on our trip. She (adorable girl from the Philippines) talked to everyone who came in to the lounge, and she made the guacamole in front of us in a very theatrical way. It was good, too. I envy you getting your first voyage on the Coral!

Edited by shredie

If there is a wait for Anytime (and it's before 7pm) can one get a pager and go to Club 6 for the wait? I've wanted to go since becoming platinum but haven't yet.

Not to sure about that. I did not notice the pager charging stand at the DR entrance podium.