Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Good morning all. DW & I will be leaving for London on Monday for our four night pre-cruise stay in London before boarding the Caribbean Princess on 5 September to begin our cruise. I decided to start this "Live From" a little early so I could report on our adventures in London and also begin to compile a list of questions anyone might have. This journey has been 18 months in the planning and I am so ready for it. It is going to be one incredible voyage.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Great itinerary Bob and 4 days in London is something to savor!

Look forward to reading about your exploits, hopefully with photos.

Bon voyage!

Norris

Will be traveling along with your adventures - vicariously (for the lack of a better word right now) :)

Having been on the CB multiple times, curious how the "gal" is holding up. We'll be on her yet again next year. ;)

Enjoy!

Bob, really excited to see your Live From and will look forward to following along. I'm heading out on September 2 for a couple of days pre-cruise in England before boarding the Royal for a Northern Europe/TA from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. I remember you and Holli from our first TA on the Royal in October 2013. What a great cruise.

Please give my best to Holli and bon voyage!

Susan

Make sure you go up the funicular in Bergen if you can. We were there earlier this year on the Caribbean Princess doing the Norway and North Cape run. The views are spectacular from up there.

Hi, we are doing this tour but I'm nervous on slopes. How long does it take to get up and down and is it very steep? I'm thinking of taking some Travel Calm to hopefully help me.

Silly I know, but that's me, Janeen

Hi, we are doing this tour but I'm nervous on slopes. How long does it take to get up and down and is it very steep? I'm thinking of taking some Travel Calm to hopefully help me.

Silly I know, but that's me, Janeen

It takes 5 to 8 minutes according to their website. When we did it I would say closer to 5. You're not that high off the ground. I wouldn't be too concerned but only you can be the judge. You will be in a large gondola with many other people so if you are prone to panic attacks you might want to rethink your plans. However, it's totally worth it, especially if it's a relatively clear day (at least not foggy). The views are spectacular and there are plenty of railings. ;)

Bob and Holli,

Have a wonderful trip and so happy that you will be posting. Looking forward to it as I do not get to cruise again until December.

I do hope Captain Nash is still on the CP as he was great when I was on earlier this month.

Bon Voyage.

Bob, great idea on the "live from". We're having a exciting time with our 16 nights pre cruise based in Liverpool staying with friends. As we've been in Southampton before, we're arriving there the night before the cruise.

If you have not visited before I highly recommend a visit to the cabinet war rooms in London. They are a time capsule of the place Churchill ran the war from. Incredible! Looking forward to following along. This voyage is on my very long list!

Lisa