Carnival Dream Airconditioning?

EL Capitan Z

Hi guys,

Im headed to NO for a Western Caribbean "Dream" cruise in a couple weeks. We are in a balcony on the 9th level Aft and was wondering how the room temps are? Recently, I have been reading reviews that the AC doesnt blow cold air.

Do any of you have any experience with this or fixes?

THX

We were on the Dream in March of this year and as soon as we left Port Canaveral (it's home port then) our room gradually got hotter. We had 4 people in a balcony room on deck 7 (empress) which didn't make it cooler! We had to ask after the second night if there was something wrong with our AC and we were told they would check and fix it if there was. Nobody ever informed us whether it was broken or not but it did start to get cooler so we were content! It was never as cold though as our other 3 cruises (all carnival) and we like our room COLD. Still a WONDERFUL ship and cruise just a little hiccup! 2nd favorite ship I've been on (Behind Carnival BREEZE)! If you've never been on a DREAM class ship (DREAM, MAGIC, BREEZE) don't make the (rookie) mistake of missing the Lanai on deck 5 like me on the BREEZE. Wonderful and not as crowded as the LIDO deck just no pools. :(. there are hot tubs though! No matter what, have a great vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in an OS on deck 7 on the Dream in June/July. I had read many complaints about the ac and was worried on embarkation day-as it was quite warm and humid feeling. However as we sailed down the Mississippi..it got cooler. When we returned from early seating dinner..it was freezing...like usual!! I wonder if it's hit and miss on this ship?

Sailed her last Dec...deck 8 midship balcony...room was warm while ship was moving and down right hot in port. Ac went out for about 5 hrs one evening too. Also thought ship had lots of vibrations and rocked a good deal more than conquest class. All in all though enjoyed the cruise and would like to give The Breeze a try.

My friend went on the Dream in June and said he had AC issues. I do not know what kind of cabin or what deck, but I do know it was not a balcony. Carnival actually gave him 20% off a future cruise because of it.

I am a little concerned now :( I need the room to be cold, to shave, get ready and most importantly SLEEP. Keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully Carnival reads these boards and does something about this issue. It is not acceptable that the issue is still ongoing, especially with all the previous complaints.

Edited by EL Capitan Z

We just got off Sunday too and our room was usually room & had to ask the room steward and he it was on high and nothing he could do! we had deck 2 cove balcony

Did Carnival do anything about this issue ^^^^ I wonder why they are having so many AC issues. I have never had any issues like this on previous cruises:confused:

Just got off the Dream yesterday. We had a balcony on the Lido deck and our room was hot the entire trip. Luckily I had carried on my electric fan so that helped at night but still uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What type of fan and where do you buy? I guess I will be going fan shopping.:D I am surprised Carnival is not rectifying this issue, hmmm.

THX

We were on the Dream the end of June. Deck 11 Spa balcony. Our room was fine and the kids had a inside across the hall, they never said anyting about it being warm and every time I was in there is was good. I was worried too as my husband likes it pretty cool but he never complained.

You would think they would do something if there is a problem with the AC. After all the posts here and I seen it else where about the AC problems.

I have a cruise booked on 1/4/15 I know it is not as hot then but I do like it cold and if it is not I will not be a happy cruiser and they will know it.

This is not what I want hear. We will be on Dream next May and I like my room cool. I do not complain about much while cruising but I have on several occasions complained about the AC on different ships.

We have never had any problems with AC on any cruise we have been on. I love cruising and am tolerant of most things that people complain about. There is just one thing I need---> A cool room ;)

You would think they would do something if there is a problem with the AC. After all the posts here and I seen it else where about the AC problems.

I have a cruise booked on 1/4/15 I know it is not as hot then but I do like it cold and if it is not I will not be a happy cruiser and they will know it.

I am trying to get the 4-1-1 on this situation. I called my agent and they told me they had not heard of any issues but there are Carnival MX personnel on board that will rectify any problems. We will see. I will call Carnival directly and voice my opinion. Hopefully they will square away this small but significant issue by the time we get on :D

We have never had any problems with AC on any cruise we have been on. I love cruising and am tolerant of most things that people complain about. There is just one thing I need---> A cool room ;)

I am trying to get the 4-1-1 on this situation. I called my agent and they told me they had not heard of any issues but there are Carnival MX personnel on board that will rectify any problems. We will see. I will call Carnival directly and voice my opinion. Hopefully they will square away this small but significant issue by the time we get on :D

Please post back how it was on your cruise. I will call my agent after that and see what she tells me. Thanks

My parents were informed on the last night by maintenance that guest services has fans if they would like one. So, they are aware.

Further, hallways, elevators, and elevator lobbys were often very hot also. Elevators were brutal at times.

Hi guys,

Im headed to NO for a Western Caribbean "Dream" cruise in a couple weeks. We are in a balcony on the 9th level Aft and was wondering how the room temps are? Recently, I have been reading reviews that the AC doesnt blow cold air.

Do any of you have any experience with this or fixes?

THX

When we first started cruising the rooms were cool, sometimes cold, but over the years the temps have risen to an unacceptable level to us. After multiple complaints both on the ship and after we returned we were repeatedly told 76° is standard. I would have been thrilled with 76°! We no longer cruise with Carnival for this reason. I keep hoping to see something on these boards that would convince me to try again, but it doesn't look good.

Please post back how it was on your cruise. I will call my agent after that and see what she tells me. Thanks

I will post back.

When we first started cruising the rooms were cool, sometimes cold, but over the years the temps have risen to an unacceptable level to us. After multiple complaints both on the ship and after we returned we were repeatedly told 76° is standard. I would have been thrilled with 76°! We no longer cruise with Carnival for this reason. I keep hoping to see something on these boards that would convince me to try again, but it doesn't look good.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with fuel savings instead of mx issues? Shut a couple Diesel Generators down and lower the load (AC) to the system thus saving $$.