LIVE! From the Freedom May 2

steph7021

I'm going to attempt to do this! We are a group of 10 with 5 "kids "...15,15,16 and 19. We live in Denver and have all cruised before...except my parents.

We flew Denver to Houston on Spirit the day before the cruise. Because we were the perfect number to fill a Super Shuttle..we got one for $181 each way! We stayed the night at the Holiday Inn Resort on the seawall. Great hotel for precruising! The free shuttle was great...took us to Dinner and Kroger for our wine and then to the ship!

We got to the pier about 1145am and breezed through the lines and got onboard just after 12noon. We did not have FTTF. Our room was ready at 130pm. Luggage trickled in to all of our rooms with the latest bags at 5pm.

My husband and I are staying in room 8450 which is aft extended AND double wide balcony! Only 2 of these on the ship on deck 8. My parents are next to us. Brother and kids have a couple of cabins around the corner. We had the balcony door unlocked. Love being aft!!

28fc19f0aa522994ddb321bf36b88007.jpg

145e1332f703c490eede81d4e389a189.jpg

81d1d336fa2876da7eae3d9b9a83feb2.jpg

b0a9c1abee7d65958ebc612f34e99efd.jpg

We are going to be doing a lot of gopro time lapse; I'll post these after the trip. For sail away we partied on our balcony and put up the GoPro for a couple of hours to catch sail away and sunset!

We have early dining in the Posh Lower. I wish we would have tried to get a window but our table for 10 is a good location. After dinner we hung out at our favorite Red Frog Pub! We like the live music here! I'll try and take more dinner pics tonight and some more ship pics. Here are a few....

aca0462d90935f40292bac0b8680f621.jpg

b56aec7de19e4f102f3f9d1ebd833779.jpg

Thanks for the TR and pics. Freedom is one of my faves, and I am enjoying the pics with the upgrades :)

I am jealous of your balcony. I have an aft-extended on my upcoming Alaska cruise, but it won't be anywhere near as nice as yours! Hope you have a great time!

So exciting! We will be cruising the Freedom in 2 weeks so your live review will be a great way for us to keep up with the ship and get us even more excited (if that's possible)!

Have a great time. We got off Freedom 2 weeks ago. One of our friends had the Cabin you have and were nice enough to share it on a Cabin Crawl and poker Walk. Was a great cabin. :)

Sea Day 1

It is the end of Sea Day 1. I'm having some internet trouble; we bought the premium plan and we are sharing it amongst our group. Trouble with that is that you can only have 1 devise on at a time so I'm usually fighting a teenager for it! Ha!

The Lido main pool was down all day today....it was just filled with water and finally fixed. People in their chairs all day surrounding an empty pool with workers welding made me laugh! I mean seriously; welding produces fumes! We really aren't main pool people. We like the aft pool which is adults only...so our younger teens just meet up with us here and then head out to do other things. The day was mostly filled with lounging, exploring the ship and eating! Guys Burgers and the Iguana Cantina are very good. My middle daughter loves the Fish and Chips. We also spent time in the spa...some getting treatments and some of us using the free amenities: sauna, steam room and hot tub. Also; the showers are nice to use...especially when you are sharing your bathroom in the cabin with teens!

Tonight was also the first elegant night. Food was excellent! Prime Rib, Lobster and Mahi Mahi were ordered at our table. As soon as someone asked for another lobster; the waiter had it immediately. I also noticed the last 2 nights that dinner was just at an hour and a half. Perfect in my opinion. The new menu has worked for us so far.

After dinner it was the 80's show. I loved it...knew every song. The Welcome Aboard show last night was not worth going to. I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be. Did a lot of hanging at the Red Frog again. The tube of beer is the best deal on the ship. 100 oz of beer for $27. That comes out to just over $3 a beer! The wait staff and bartenders are fantastic and so is the live music. Our kind of place. Tomorrow is Sea Day 2! Here is the tube of beer. Promise to have more ship pictures after tomorrow! We have a cabin crawl so I'll have those photos too!

cb538ce181b0f1255f70f68537ae26de.jpg

I'm getting so excited! I'll be boarding the ship after you return on Saturday. Do you know why the main pool was down? Was it just maintenance or something wrong with it?

Not sure...but I'm pretty sure something was broke with all the welding.

Hi, great that you have a good time. Could you make a photo of my

brother-in-law Calvin, who is playing the steelpan (I think on the pool-deck)

and put it here, that I can show it to his son (and my god-son)?

Thanks for it in advance...!

By the way; It looks like your Carnival Freedom is one of the sister-ships of the Costa Fortuna, with which I

sailed some month back (Costa Cruises belongs to the Carnival group)

Edited by onyx007

WAA HOOO!!! Just what I needed to help me get thru the next 3 weeks before I board the FREEDOM!!!

Thanks for sharing your cruise!!

Can you snap a pic of the current internet package flyer and post it? Thanks.

We will be on the Freedom in June! Can I ask how the boat rides, does it rock? Thanks & enjoy your cruise.

Well, right now it's pretty rocky...last night too. The waters are a little rough so I hope that it will stop

Sea Day 2

We started our morning with a cabin crawl! We had a good variety of cabins and everyone served a shot or a snack. We also did a poker run with the crawl.....and we ended with a slot pull; whew!!

Jr Suite

b56c8700f29d0bb67041d7478cfe2a2f.jpg

7d7dcea53043003e8369d2de38c0c3be.jpg

Captains Suite

56bde839bc8d97c8b56e94d5ffc9eedb.jpg

60ba66a779bec072d4319611dc692153.jpg