Which HMC Villa did you pick...

kimnicki

and why? Trying to figure out which one would best suit us. It will be myself and my 20 year old DD. If I go further down the beach, will I be able to get cocktails there or will I have to walk down to the bar?

Thanks for your imput!

Kim

We chose cabana #7, just past the rows of chairs.

Close enough to everything we needed but not too far.

Right behind us was a trail up to the paved road then up to the food pavilion.

The walk to the bar wasn't bad, we went to the little shops and stopped to see the church along the way.

Anywhere past the craziness is ideal, in my opinion.

Have a great time, it's a little piece of heaven.

Edited by BAILEYHY

The Villas are A, B, C, D & E. A,B & C are just to the left of the pirate ship bar if your looking at the island D is a little further down and then E is the furthest from the crowd. If you want to be the closest to the busiest area and louder music you want A, B or C.

We had D which IMO was less busy, not too loud and yes they come around and take your drink orders. Also only a 5 minute walk to the cookout area.

When you get off the ship they will transport you to your villa and when you leave they will transport you back.

and why? Trying to figure out which one would best suit us. It will be myself and my 20 year old DD. If I go further down the beach, will I be able to get cocktails there or will I have to walk down to the bar?

Thanks for your imput!

Kim

Did you get a cabana or a villa? The villas are quite a bit more $ and awfully big for two.

We've had cabana # 9 twice now. Far enough down to be away from the crowds , very short walk to restrooms , not that long of a walk to bar and food area. They do have servers that come around every so often to take drink orders

We had cabana # 10.... it was a perfect location. Far enough down the beach from the Chaos albeit we could still hear the music. No problem with the bar service waiters plus near the restrooms. # 9 or 11 would be great also.

Never felt a need for a cabana. How much are they?

Hi limoguy: $229 per HMC cabana on Carnival ($299 for the same cabana on Holland America). Book early if you want one because they often sell out online months prior to your cruise. You don't actually get to pick which one you want until you embark the ship. And those with priority embarkation often get the best ones.

HMC villas are $499 per villa. Villas don't seem as likely to sell out early like cabanas do even though there are fewer of them. There is also a Private Oasis which costs $1495 and it does tend to sell out since there's only one.

Several people on this thread are referring to their cabana preference although the OP asked about picking a villa.

Edited by winddawn

We have had cabana 12 and villa D, and also had no cabana/villa, lol. There ARE shaded places. Any cabana 8 and up is going to be great, but if being close to food and restroom is important, 8,9,10. 12 really was not that far. The higher # you go, the more quiet. Just remember, you grab one online, but when it comes to cabana selection; they are first come first served at the excursion desk on embarkation day, so if you have your heart set on a specific #, have a second or third choice in mind.

Did you get a cabana or a villa? The villas are quite a bit more $ and awfully big for two.

I rented the Villa. It's the only excursion we will be doing and I wanted to do something special for the two of us. I was willing to put the money out, we are really looking forward to it!

Thank you everyone for your input. I think I'm leaning towards D. Seems to be a perfect spot!

Kim

I rented the Villa. It's the only excursion we will be doing and I wanted to do something special for the two of us. I was willing to put the money out, we are really looking forward to it!

Thank you everyone for your input. I think I'm leaning towards D. Seems to be a perfect spot!

Kim

Loved D, it was perfect! Loved the private bathroom, shower, and hot tub!

Loved D, it was perfect! Loved the private bathroom, shower, and hot tub!

I'm excited to spend the day there! I love the idea of having somewhere private and relaxing to be for the day.

Someone had mentioned before that you go to guest services after boarding. I don't want them to waste food since there will only be two of us. I'm assuming I can just let them know that when we pick the Villa.

We've had 5, 10 and 11. I didn't care for 5 - too crowded and we had people coming up to use our shower. 10 and 11 were great. We found them close enough to the food and the bathrooms. Bar service was just fine.

We've had cabana # 9 twice now. Far enough down to be away from the crowds , very short walk to restrooms , not that long of a walk to bar and food area. They do have servers that come around every so often to take drink orders
Those servers come around even more often if you give them a tip! ;) We have had 9 too and loved it!

Never felt a need for a cabana. How much are they?

The need for us was that they are air conditioned and have some regular chairs. I have trouble with the heat and while in the cabanas the one side is open, it's amazing how much cooler it is in there. The misting fans were great for me too. I also need to be able to sit normally with back support sometimes, so I liked that I could use a lounger and then switch to the table in the shady and coolness for awhile.

You get the cabana, floating mats and snorkel gear, fruit, vegies, chips and salsa and 8 cans of soda or bottles of water of your choice. They were fine with five of us sharing as long as we didn't want supplies for five.

Edited by momof3cruisers

• 2 weeks later...