The buffet

ILvisitor

What do you consider a kids option? They usually like stuff from the grill, not the buffet.

I forgot about the Grill. That is near the pool correct? Are they open all day?

Thanks for all the replies.

What do you consider a kids option? They usually like stuff from the grill, not the buffet.

Which ship? Those with a Guys no longer have the grill. Hot dogs were at the deli in the Conquest. No chicken fingers.

Edited by SadieN

I forgot about the Grill. That is near the pool correct? Are they open all day?

Thanks for all the replies.

the grill is by the pool (there is more than one grille station on valor), close to the lido buffet. standard hours are 11am-6pm, and then they often open it up for late night eats too later in the evening (about 11.30pm-1.00am). the deli is open 11am-11pm typically, and will have sandwiches. pizzeria is in the same area and of course open 24 hrs.

Are their kid options on the buffet?

Thanks.

How old are the kid's. My kid's were eating steaks, chicken, pork chops, and anything else we cooked for dinner since they had teeth. On the cruise, they ate off the menu in the MDR and buffet they ate it all. Just let them pick the food they want.

I NEVER allowed my kids to have foods on the kids menu, they just not nutritious at all. Chicken nuggets, pasta, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, french fries are certainly no quality nutritional value. Let them choose what they want to eat maybe a good time to get them away from the "bad junk foods". Sorry but its true, even Alton Brown never allowed his children to eat off the children's menu ever lol.

Need more details. What do your kids like?

My kids have found tons of food they enjoy at the buffet: desserts, fruits, rice, comfort foods including potatoes and chicken, breakfast items, pastas...

Edited by Lerin

My 11yr old pretty much ate every meal at the pizza station and the ice cream station :)

so did my 16 year old grandson - even while the rest of us were in the MDR. they actually brought him a pizza - much to my chagrin

My kid, now three, eats what we eat. We don't do junk as 'kid' food, unless we're all having pizza, or something.

So yes, you can feed kids from the buffet, they have a wide selection.

Mine likes the veggies from the salad bar, and the bread, lunch meats and cheese. Sometimes something from the carving station or a pasta. and An apple. She wanted green apples. Last cruise she didn't much, of anything, it was a completely off week.

But on her first and second, man, that kid ate! I think we hit them as she was on a growth spurt!

I'm laid back as far as what she eats on a cruise, it's one week a year, but I still limit the crap because it'll effect how she feels. Dinner is normally off the main menu, though sometimes I do get the veggies from kid menu, or mac and cheese to go with the meat we're having (I like mac and cheese, I can't fault the kid that!!)

My kid, now three, eats what we eat. We don't do junk as 'kid' food, unless we're all having pizza, or something.

So yes, you can feed kids from the buffet, they have a wide selection.

Mine likes the veggies from the salad bar, and the bread, lunch meats and cheese. Sometimes something from the carving station or a pasta. and An apple. She wanted green apples. Last cruise she didn't much, of anything, it was a completely off week.

But on her first and second, man, that kid ate! I think we hit them as she was on a growth spurt!

I'm laid back as far as what she eats on a cruise, it's one week a year, but I still limit the crap because it'll effect how she feels. Dinner is normally off the main menu, though sometimes I do get the veggies from kid menu, or mac and cheese to go with the meat we're having (I like mac and cheese, I can't fault the kid that!!)

As long as your eating something good Mac n cheese is awesome I love Mac n cheese especially the home made country stuff!!