Carnival fantasy embarkation

BLONDIE35

I was just curious to know if I showed up at 11AM how long would we have to sit and wait to get on? We are doing the hotel package where you park and they shuttle you over. I also read you drop off your luggage at one spot then they shuttle you over to the terminal is this correct? sounds like a lot of waiting and moving around I guess I dont understand why you cant drop off the luggage then walk into the terminal. I have kids in tow so waiting in the rain for a shuttle etc seems odd and picking up luggage and then loading it onto another shuttle etc. I will be carrying on plenty of luggage so all this loading and unloading and making sure nothing gets left behind. I just need to know before i get there waht to expect!

thanks!

When you get to Charleston you will drop your luggage off first, then they will send you to park in a warehouse. Then it is quite a hike from the warehouse to the terminal. The shuttles are running constantly so it doesn't seem to take that long to get there. I think we were there around 11ish and went right through. You will only want to carry what you have to on. If you are carrying a case of water they will even deliver it to the room with your other luggage.

we are being shuttled over via the hotel so is there another shuttle we have to take from luggage drop off to terminal? is it only cases of water they deliver? anything smaller? that would help alleviate the weight!:)

Arriving at 11:00 is good. You should not have to wait long assuming there were no delays form the previous cruise. We arrived about 10:45 and were on board by 11:30.

Even though the shuttle ride from luggage drop-off to the terminal is very, very short (you could walk it in less than 5 minutes), the port authority does not permit pedestrians to enter the port. You must be dropped off at the terminal by the shuttle. It is different here from other ports, but not a big deal.

I'm likeBlondie35, We will catch the hotel shuttle from our Park and Cruise hotel. Can't you just drop your luggage at the "luggage tent" that I've heard mentioned and then have hotel shuttle drop you at the terminal since you won't have a car and need to go to the warehouse parking lot/garage?

Hi. I think Cruzeluver answered your question about the shuttle, so I probably can't add to that good answer other than to assure you that the process is very streamlined. I have always driven into the port and had to park, but I am pretty sure you will just be shuttled to the terminal. Dropping off your luggage is first, then you should continue on. The process is actually very smooth and really fast. I know it's different from other ports, but I had no problems. We park and catch another shuttle that carries car passengers to the terminal but the wait isn't long and it's very streamlined.

Have a wonderful time. Charleston is a great place to visit and spend time in. AND EAT!