Woman who secretly gave birth on cruise to plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter

For a person to hide the fact that they are pregnant and to give birth alone and then hide that fact under the bed (and a live baby no doubt) has to have some serious mental illness issues. So while this is horrible and most if not all of you could never conceive of doing that, many people are found "not guilty be reason of insanity" Even temporary insanity...

And...I might sleep in that cabin coming up on our cruise? I'm pulling the plug from cruising on that ship today. Way outside the bounds of normalcy, and so gross I can't believe what this woman did.

and besides the 8 years, lets give her an education on birth control, biology, and how not to party-I worked with someone years ago, who was 8 months along and didn't know she was pregnant, so yes there are people out there who live in denial. so sad. so very sad.

The headline should really read, "Pregnant Woman kills her newborn on Carnival Cruise."

Unbelievable.

Had she tossed it overboard, instead of stuffing it under the bed alive, no one would allegedly have known anything about it according to the story.

Edited by eponym

Had she tossed it overboard, instead of stuffing it under the bed alive, no one would allegedly have known anything about it according to the story.

I've been present at two births, and unless this woman did an amazing job cleaning up, I doubt that nobody would've ever known anything about it.

I cannot imagine what went through that cabin steward's mind when they found the baby wrapped in a towel and disposed of under the bed. . . . how utterly sad and senseless.

I agree! i hope that steward got a couple days off paid to get better that would ruin my day and I wouldnt be able to work anytime soon...how sad.

Some people cant have kidds and want them some have them and dont want them...upside down world.

First, why is this not murder?

Second, how in Gods name did her room-mate not know about this?

Giving birth is very, very messy.

Andy

She didn't kill the baby, sounds like it was still born or dead after birth. I'm assuming she just freaked out? IDk...i can't imagine not knowing, then having a dead baby..

plus, this was in 2011? why posting this now?

And...I might sleep in that cabin coming up on our cruise? I'm pulling the plug from cruising on that ship today.

Overreacting much? It's been over 2 and a half years since that happened. The only reason someone posted it today is because the trial has just concluded last month.

She didn't kill the baby, sounds like it was still born or dead after birth. I'm assuming she just freaked out? IDk...i can't imagine not knowing, then having a dead baby..

plus, this was in 2011? why posting this now?

Article says otherwise