Progresso Mexico beach day technoel hotel

There's a free beach right next to the pier. You rent chairs and umbrellas or I believe they will let you use them if you buy food/drink from their restaurant. There were tons of choices. There are a fair amount of vendors to say no to, but they had cheap massages and drinks.

It wasn't the most beautiful beach/water, but it was perfectly good for us!

We have been there and it's really nice. The wait does seem long but it's worth it. You don't have to put up with all the hagglers trying to sell you stuff like the free beach. They do have massage but don't know if they offer couple massage. Worth the $35 without a doubt.

Thanks that makes me feel so much better about booking it!!

Can you tell what you liked about it and how safe you felt ?

Felt totally safe. Lots of staff around as well as people. We liked that for $35 we were transported there and back and had all the food and drink (alcoholic and non alcoholic) we wanted. Some people here on CC complain about the food-it was standard, chips, salsa, beans, etc but it was plenty for us. There are no vendors on the beach which reminded me of the waters off the Florida coast. We have done 5 or 6 tours with Autoprogreso and never had anything other than a positive experience. I posted some pictures in the thread above from 2 years ago. Before AP went to Technotel they went to the Reef Club which is a similar place and we liked Technotel better. We have always dealt with Guadalupe at the AP store in the Progreso pier. No need to pre-book your tour but you can if you want. If you pay at the pier try to have cash rather than a credit card because once they were having trouble with the CC machine.