What is the best B2B on Princess

What is the best B2B on princess

The one I just saw pop up this morning which will not go on sale until Friday. It's 9/22/10 SF to Sydney for 30 days and then 29 days from SYD to LA. No long distance flying. We will be looking at it.

It depends on what length of cruise you prefer and if you are port type people or days at sea people. We enjoyed the B2B Southern Carribean which saw 11 different islands in 14 days.

I agree. Very port intensive. Only two days at sea.

I like Pia's idea but unfortuneately I have neither the time, nor the money.

I agree. Very port intensive. Only two days at sea.

I like Pia's idea but unfortuneately I have neither the time, nor the money.

We can make the time if we plan way in advance, but need to see fares before we know about the money. ;)

We can make the time if we plan way in advance, but need to see fares before we know about the money. ;)

Yes I know, it's all in the details:eek:

Good luck with the plans:D

I sometimes wonder, how do you keep everything straight. You must have an office full of file folders.

Yes I know, it's all in the details:eek:

Good luck with the plans:D

I sometimes wonder, how do you keep everything straight. You must have an office full of file folders.

Pocket portfolios placed into pentaflex labelled folders in date sequence.

Pia

I just figured out (thanks to Margord on another thread) that we can do almost the same thing (except we have to fly :() in the winter of 2011.

NZ-Australia-Honolulu-Tahiti- Tahiti B2B2B . We can only get away in the winter months so this is perfect for us. It's a little less time, only 33 days but a dream trip!

My favorite B2B is Hawaii/Tahiti/Hawaii, although it isn't offered very often. Next cruise (since we can't get the one mentioned) will be Hawaii/Tahiti/Tahiti. 11 days plus 10 days=21 days.

Afraid two 30 day B2B's would be just a "LOT" much for me. I love to cruise, but 60 days away just wouldn't interest me in the least. ;)

Pia

I just figured out (thanks to Margord on another thread) that we can do almost the same thing (except we have to fly :() in the winter of 2011.

NZ-Australia-Honolulu-Tahiti- Tahiti B2B2B . We can only get away in the winter months so this is perfect for us. It's a little less time, only 33 days but a dream trip!

That's a great itinerary, but all that long distance flying..........YUK! When we did Tahiti we flew to Honolulu and then did Hawaii-Tahiti-Ft. Lauderdale. 36 days. I would do that one again if offered and timing was right.

Agree that Hawaii - Tahiti - Hawaii is wonderful, although I would LOVE to spend 60 days on a boat going anywhere. Best to do the round trip, though, because of the airfare. We're doing Bangkok - Shanghai - Bangkok in January - total of 32 days. Looking forward to that, too.

Any back-to-back is great... because of the wonderful feeling you get when you don't have to put your luggage out in the hall by midnight on the last night of the first cruise! ;)

The one I just saw pop up this morning which will not go on sale until Friday. It's 9/22/10 SF to Sydney for 30 days and then 29 days from SYD to LA. No long distance flying. We will be looking at it.

I will be looking at this one also. Hopefully my better half will be retired by then. ;)

The California to Sydney and return sounds wonderful. I would not mind avoiding that 14 1/2 hour flight from LA to Sydney in the least! Getting DH to do those...well, it ain't gonna happen. 30 days on that transpacific were enough for him. The only downside I can see is that you'd only have a few hours in Sydney, which can easily warrant a week. However, if you've already seen Sydney, or plan to return, I'd say that combo is a winner.

One of the best B2B I've ever done was on Celebrity. Some of the cruise lines (Celebrity is one of them) keeps a ship in Rio for 3 days during Carnaval. We boarded in Valparaiso, Chili, did a 14 night around Cape Horn, over to the Falklands and then up to Buenos Aires, and then stayed on for another 14 nights from BA up to several ports in Brazil, including the 3 days in Rio (tickets to the Sambadrome were included in our cruise fare) and then back down to BA to fly home. With a pre-cruise day in Santiago, this was 30 nights...just right, and we saw a large portion of coastal South America all in one trip.

I also like our Panama Canal-Hawaii B2B...flew to San Juan, boarded the Radiance OTS in its first year, did a full Panama Canal transit to San Diego, then were two of only 24 people or so who continued on to Honolulu for a second cruise, so while the ship sailed from San Diego to Ensenada (Jones Act), we were the only passengers on board. We then sailed out to and around the Hawaiian islands, disembarked in Honolulu and spent a week on Oahu. This one was 23 nights of cruising and 6 nights on Oahu, and the best part of it was that we almost divided the flights...living in CO, we got about half of it (to San Juan) out of the way at the front end and did the other half of it (from Honolulu) at the end.

I can't wait until time permits us to start doubling up on the Asia cruises. That's one part of the world I've had only limited exposure to, and those are perfect cruises to do B2B, since the flights both directions are nasty...might as well stay for awhile once you're there.

Just read your post.you really help solve my problem of getting to australia with out flying in business class each way.You save me about $10,000.00 in airfares.

Thank you very much

long cruiser

Have I earned a commission for all those savings? ;)

Our dream cruise is the Syndney to Los Angelas, and have yet to do a b2b but considering it for 2011. We have our CC Calif group Cruise April 10, 2011, and hope to do a TA fall of that year which is where I would like to do the TA, 7 days med + TA. One thing about the Sydney to Los Angelas run, you need to book 2 yrs in advance.

Gay

Our dream cruise is the Syndney to Los Angelas, and have yet to do a b2b but considering it for 2011. We have our CC Calif group Cruise April 10, 2011, and hope to do a TA fall of that year which is where I would like to do the TA, 7 days med + TA. One thing about the Sydney to Los Angelas run, you need to book 2 yrs in advance.

Gay

I just looked at that cruise for this year and SYD to LA is open. SF to SYD is sold out.

What a b2b, I'm jealous.:p

I'm waiting to see the 2010 Transpacific cruises too. We can't do both, I want to do Syd-LA but the other half wants SF-Syd, so I'll see you on one of them. I hope they're priced similarly to 2009 departures.

Anthony

Archived