VoD MS Voyager

canny_cruiser

Wish I could help since I am a big fan of VOD. We always do our own laundry in our cabin when necessary on this ship, but mainly pack enough to get by. When it is cold, we just rinse out the long underwear and when it is hot we just drip-dry the linen items we like for the hot weather.

We did a 42 day and a 21 day via the Indian Ocean on the old Discovery- and our cabin looked like a Neapolitan back alley - we had a great hanging collapsible rack we picked up in a dollar store, and even a little fan we used to blow air up into the hanging clothes to speed their drying.

We now get "free" laundry on another cruise line and wonder how we did all that DIY laundry on our Discovery cruises. Best to consider the laundry one more cost of the cruise and let them do the work. Our last VOD cruise was 21 days but Norway-White Sea so things did not get too dirty.

But the Indian Ocean trips were sticky-dirty every day. That is when I realized if I rinsed out my linen things before dinner they would drip dry in the shower and be dry by bedtime. Great travel fabric - who knew.