Excursions for St Thomas and Puerto Rico?

We are going on Thomson Descovery next January the second week being 'Seven Islands', currently there are no excursions listed for both the USA ports of St Thomas (US Virgin Islands) and Puerto Rico. I was just wondering why this maybe the case. Are these new locations for Thomson subsequently excursions haven't been sorted yet, or if someone has been to these ports before what excursions are there?

Keith (Southend)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why there are no excursions listed but I can advise that as St Thomas is a US territory you encounter US immigration. At St Thomas US immigration come on board and set up a base in a lounge area. Every passenger on the ship has to have their passport stamped and issued with an immigration card. This is a long process and on our last cruise there the wait was well over an hour. In fact it was taking so long I decided that I did not wish to spend my day in a queue went back to my sunbed and waited to they announced any remaining passengers to attend immigration got seen right away and then went off ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't know why there are no excursions listed but I can advise that as St Thomas is a US territory you encounter US immigration. At St Thomas US immigration come on board and set up a base in a lounge area. Every passenger on the ship has to have their passport stamped and issued with an immigration card. This is a long process and on our last cruise there the wait was well over an hour. In fact it was taking so long I decided that I did not wish to spend my day in a queue went back to my sunbed and waited to they announced any remaining passengers to attend immigration got seen right away and then went off ship.

Has this changed now as we have been asked to go online to the US web page and fill out and pay for the visa requirements. They say you will need to show a copy of this when you board the ship as everyone requires it regardless of whether you get off at these ports.

Keith (Southend)

Sounds to me if there are no excursions listed the ports are likely to be cancelled

Where were you asked to go online to get a visa?

Hi Vitalsign we are due to do this cruise on the 4th march have done this cruise also with Virgin-Carnival on the Victory San-Juan it,s self a pretty Spanish town cobbled street,s and a lot to see old wall,s and churches, the ship,s go right into the city and you only have a small walk in to town.

Thanks Soton saint however I'm not doing this itinerary but I'm sure Southendweather will be interested in your post and I do hope the US island ports aren't changed because Thomson certainly need new ports of call in the Caribbean which is why we chose the itinerary with Martinique and Guadeloupe and I hope they aren't changed too We've done all the Thomson ports in the Caribbean a number of times and need a change

Thanks Soton saint however I'm not doing this itinerary but I'm sure Southendweather will be interested in your post and I do hope the US island ports aren't changed because Thomson certainly need new ports of call in the Caribbean which is why we chose the itinerary with Martinique and Guadeloupe and I hope they aren't changed too We've done all the Thomson ports in the Caribbean a number of times and need a change

I think your right Vitalsign we have done most also one from Jamaica like PC said it,s good to have your health and enjoy a bit of sunshine in the winter and be able to get away.