Scooter Shuttle transport in FLL

Boozebabe

Any recommendations for a shuttle company for transport from FLL airport to a local hotel and from hotel to port the next day with a mobility scooter? We usually have a rental car and transport it on our own but this time we are not getting a rental car.

Any recommendations for a shuttle company for transport from FLL airport to a local hotel and from hotel to port the next day with a mobility scooter? We usually have a rental car and transport it on our own but this time we are not getting a rental car.

Per ADA if the Hotel provides a shuttle for able-bodied people than it must provide accessible transportation as well. If the hotel provides it free to able bodied people than it must do the same for someone requiring accessible transportation even if it costs the hotel extra money. If the hotel charges a fee for able-bodied people than the hotel can only charge the same fee amount for someone requiring accessible transportation. You need to speak directly to hotel management and not just someone at he front desk or general reservations.

Supershuttle is an option as well as FLL has lots of accessible taxis that can be prearranged.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Per ADA if the Hotel provides a shuttle for able-bodied people than it must provide accessible transportation as well. If the hotel provides it free to able bodied people than it must do the same for someone requiring accessible transportation even if it costs the hotel extra money. If the hotel charges a fee for able-bodied people than the hotel can only charge the same fee amount for someone requiring accessible transportation. You need to speak directly to hotel management and not just someone at he front desk or general reservations.

Supershuttle is an option as well as FLL has lots of accessible taxis that can be prearranged.

Thanks.

SuperShuttle? what is that? I will also be cruising out of FLL and will have a bariatric wheelchair with me.. so I too, was looking to find info?? Does anyone else know of any other Shuttle companies?

SuperShuttle? what is that? I will also be cruising out of FLL and will have a bariatric wheelchair with me.. so I too, was looking to find info?? Does anyone else know of any other Shuttle companies?

Supershuttle is a transport company that services many major cities and airports including FLL. Just GOOGLE Supershuttle in FLL for contact inform.

If you are doing a pre-cruise hotel stay than go back and read my post # 2 of this thread . Having a bariatric wheelchair doesn't change things.

Most cab companies in Breward County have some wheelchair accessible taxis. Yellow Cab has the most . Here's a list of companies to contact

CompanyPhoneAmbassador Taxi Service 954-779-7777American Taxi Cab 954-708-7499Broward Airport Taxi, LLC d/b/a Broward Taxi 954-456-1111Dial A Taxi Cab 954-888-5858Friendly Checker Cab Company 954-999-9999Gold Taxi Service 754-777-8294Intercity Taxi 954-525-4500Limo Taxi Service 954-867-6653USA Executive Taxi of South Florida 954-709-6554​Yellow Cab of Broward​954-777-7777

My experience with Super Shuttle in FLL is not good.

Found this on the airport website: Shared Ride - GO Airport Shuttle provides wheelchair lift-equipped vans at no additional charge. Advance notice is recommended.

I am not familiar with the company, normally I use the local city buses to and from the port or my hotel. Have modified my scooter so that I can attach suit case to the back of the scooter, thus only have to tote my POC.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

All of the above advice great (especially the phone numbers of the taxi companies!). The only thing I would like to add is that I fly into Ft. Lauderdale quite often and have rarely had an issue getting a wheelchair access cab right at the curb. Only once, late at night, we were in the line for the taxis and an accessible van pulled up. Two guys jumped in front of us and grabbed it. They refused to get out and the driver took them. The dispatcher took down the medallion number and they were banned from the airport but we still didn't get a ride for about another 30 minutes.

I've cruised out of FLL more times than I can count and I've always used the local taxi company. When leaving the terminal, go to the taxi stand and request an accessible taxi to your hotel. When you want to go from the hotel to the cruise terminal, see the valet or bell station and have them call for an accessible taxi. This has worked well for me for many years.

• 4 weeks later...