Hotel in Yokohama

budgie63

Hi folks,

My partner and i will be finishing our cruise in Yokohama (on a Friday) and will be flying out of Haneda the following night around 10pm (Saturday).

My question is can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced hotel we could stay at that is easy to get to from the Cruise ship and close to transport so we can get to Tokyo to explore the city and surrounds.

Much appreciate any advise, experiences etc.

Cheers

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Intercontinental, it´s a beautiful hotel, next to a mall that have the underground system in the minato mirai line, that take you to Yokohama station to connect to Tokyo.

There is also a transfer for a fee that take you from the hotel to the airports, very efficient and relatively cheap

If budget is a big consideration, you might try the Richmond Hotel Yokohama Basamichi. Trip Advisor rates it 5th of 113 Yokohama hotels. Location is good and it is near the train station for transportation. In Japan, be careful to specify a non-smoking room if you prefer one. We will be staying at the Hotel New Grand which is more than twice the price, but husband is claustrophobic.

The Intercontinental, it´s a beautiful hotel, next to a mall that have the underground system in the minato mirai line, that take you to Yokohama station to connect to Tokyo.

There is also a transfer for a fee that take you from the hotel to the airports, very efficient and relatively cheap

I stayed in this hotel for three days, it is nearly next door to Cosmo's world which is ideal for children and also a close by shopping centre. The hotel is within walking distance from the cruise terminal and the unique shape of the hotel means you can navigate your way there without having to ask a taxi driver in Japanese as none speak English. The walk is straight across a park area and easy to figure out. The hotel have staff that speak about five languages. The airport transfer bus stops at the hotel but I got a taxi through the guy on reception this is much more expensive way of doing it. I should not go too cheap in Japan as language can become problematic.

Regards John

We stayed at the Hotel Jal in Yokohama for one night prior to our Japan cruise last summer. It is an easy walk to the Yokohama port, and also an easy walk to the metro which will take your to Tokyo. The staff replied to my questions on how to get to the hotel from the airport, etc, promptly and clearly. https://www.okura-nikko.com/japan/yokohama/hotel-jal-city-kannai-yokohama/

However, if you want to sightsee in Tokyo prior to your flight, why don't you look for a hotel there instead of Yokohama?

Does anyone know anything about the Best Western in Yokohama? Thanks

Budget friendly, clean with very small Japanese style rooms and tiny bathrooms, according to TA. I think you could do better with the nearby hotel I suggested earlier.

Yeah, the Intercontinental is gorgeous, but VERY EXPENSIVE!

We stayed at the Sotetsu Fresa Inn a couple of days before our cruise out of Yokohama in 2015. A great little hotel not far from the port, much cheaper than the IC. A couple of pictures of the room here near the bottom of the page if interested.

Hi folks,

My partner and i will be finishing our cruise in Yokohama (on a Friday) and will be flying out of Haneda the following night around 10pm (Saturday).

My question is can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced hotel we could stay at that is easy to get to from the Cruise ship and close to transport so we can get to Tokyo to explore the city and surrounds.

Much appreciate any advise, experiences etc.

Cheers

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your main concern is convenience in getting to Tokyo, I would stay at the Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers: https://www.yokohamabay-sheraton.co.jp/language/english/ located adjacent to Yokohama station on the west side.

For embarkation, it's ~20 minutes, ~2,000 yen (~US$20) for the taxi ride from the hotel to Osanbashi terminal building.

If you don't mind changing trains to get to Tokyo and want to be picked up at your hotel by the airport limousine bus to go directly to the airport, I would take a taxi to one of the following hotels when you disembark:

Yokohama Royal Park Hotel

Intercontinental Hotel Yokohama Grand

Pan Pacific Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu

Hotel New Grand (historic hotel, closest to Osanbashi)

If the four above are out of your budget range, choose a nearby hotel to one of the above such as the Daiwa Roynet Yama****a Park, Navios Yokoham, or Rose Hotel.

You can get more details on transport to/from Haneda here: http://hnd-bus.com/airport/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
I stayed in this hotel for three days, it is nearly next door to Cosmo's world which is ideal for children and also a close by shopping centre. The hotel is within walking distance from the cruise terminal and the unique shape of the hotel means you can navigate your way there without having to ask a taxi driver in Japanese as none speak English. The walk is straight across a park area and easy to figure out. The hotel have staff that speak about five languages. The airport transfer bus stops at the hotel but I got a taxi through the guy on reception this is much more expensive way of doing it. I should not go too cheap in Japan as language can become problematic.

Regards John

This is a very nice hotel. The walk from the port is about 0.8 miles; not a bad walk for myself but too much for some - especially if they are toting several suitcases.

• 2 weeks later...

Regards John

Is that a transfer from Narita that goes to the hotel? or from Haneda? Can you supply the name of the transfer company? thanks...after a 35 hour flight that arrives quite late, not sure that I want to go through the hassle of trains unless I absolutely have to do so....

Is that a transfer from Narita that goes to the hotel? or from Haneda? Can you supply the name of the transfer company? thanks...after a 35 hour flight that arrives quite late, not sure that I want to go through the hassle of trains unless I absolutely have to do so....

We saw the bus at the hotel and staff knew a lot about it although we did not use the service.

We arrived at Yokohama by sea and walked from the port to the hotel. When we left we got a taxi direct to Narita.

According to the hotel website they are listing one way estimates for taxi at:

Narita Taxi 90 minutes transfer at Y33,000

Haneda Taxi 40 minutes transfer at Y9,000

Prior to using the hotel I had emailed and asked about various things such as late check out etc. They were very good at emailing me back in English and spoke it well. I should imagine if you email precise numbered questions on the bus service they will advise accordingly. It literally stopped under the side of the hotel.

Regards John