lobster dinner Portland, ME

terrifish

We will be on a cruise next month and have a 9PM departure from Portland. We are thinking it would be a good chance for a fresh lobster dinner. Any suggestions for a good place near the cruise dock. (Celebrity Summit Oct. 5) Thanks too you all who give us so much good advice.

We will be on a cruise next month and have a 9PM departure from Portland. We are thinking it would be a good chance for a fresh lobster dinner. Any suggestions for a good place near the cruise dock. (Celebrity Summit Oct. 5) Thanks too you all who give us so much good advice.
http://portlandlobstercompany.com/

We were just there at the end of June. Awesome food. Lobster delivered fresh off the boat twice a day. Voted best lobster roll for the last couple years. You can sit outside but it does get busy and crowded.

It's an easy 5-10 minute walk from the dock on a flat sidewalk..

538bad710d4a41284b72a22b142ced80.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bitterman
Added information.

Portland Lobster Co, is fine for a lobster lunch, but if the ship is in port for dinner time, there are far more places to get a great lobster dinner than dining "in the rough" as we call it. Even Becky's Diner does a better dinner than Portland Lobster. The Old Port area, adjacent to the cruise port is full of fine restaurants, and the center of Portland's well deserved top "foodie" destination title.

Eventide, Street and Co, Boone's Fish House & Oyster Room (their lobster roll has the entire meat of a 1-1/4 lb lobster in it), Scales, Fore Street, and even Bull Feeney's (where lobsters love Guinness) (they used to do a deep fried lobster to die for). Other places, not known as "seafood" places like the Grill Room can have a good lobster dinner, or a "shellfish platter" that is more food than a small village eats in a week. I'd stay away from DeMillo's despite their reputation, which they've lived off for years.

For lunch, Duckfat, Nosh, or The King's Head are great. All within walking of the pier.

If you're into beer, a cab ride to The Great Lost Bear is recommended, as they have over 70 craft beers on tap.

I have read of the Portland Lobster Company for lunch. How about some of these other named places for lunch? Anywhere less crowded then PLC? As long as they are a resonable walking distance from the cruise pier is fine with me.

I have read of the Portland Lobster Company for lunch. How about some of these other named places for lunch? Anywhere less crowded then PLC? As long as they are a resonable walking distance from the cruise pier is fine with me.

As noted above, for lunch:

The Kings Head, about 3/4 mile from terminal, along the waterfront. Scotch eggs, fish and chips, sandwiches, and a great beer selection.

Duckfat, about 0.3 mile from terminal, up on Middle St. As the name implies, everything is cooked in duck fat, the fries are out of this world. Charcuterie plate, duck confit panini, sandwiches and great shakes.

Nosh, about 1.1 miles from terminal, through the Old Port, up on Congress St. Bacon dusted fries, great sandwiches (corned beef reuben), burgers, and even fried pig tails.

Bull Feeney's, about 1/2 mile from terminal, Irish standards (Bangers and Colcannon), grilled lobster, burgers, lobster BLT, whiskey steamed mussels.

And the Grill Room (about 1/2 mile), for sandwiches, and wood fired pizza (lobster, duck & brie).

I'd also recommend Andy's for lunch. It's on Commercial Street, closer than Portland Lobster. Great fish and chips or fish sandwiches.

I like Portland Lobster for lunch too. But for dinner, I agree with the suggestions above, especially Street & Co. for seafood.