feast at lele question

FLbeachbaby

You should just check out the website or call. They have 2 different schedules depending on the time of year and possibly the day of the week. We were there on a Thursday at the end of March and it ended at 8:30 but I know the next day the schedule changed and it ended later. If the ship is docked in Lahaina you can just walk back. It'll be tight but it could be doable and well worth it.

Yes, you should be able to do it. I mean you know when the last tender leaves the dock, and the walk is no more than 10 minutes, and you can time yourself when you walk to dinner, and as long as you don't pass out at the feast I am sure you will be able to walk back faster than you went to it because you will now know where you are going. I would think if you had to get out of Lahaina fast the Feast would be the easiest luau in Maui to get to the tender pier.

jc

I highly recommend it. The food was surprisingly good for the most part and they paired each course with a different wine or beer. The show was also excellent although it wasn't just Hawaiian but Polynesian. Each course consisted of 3 dishes from a different area of Polynesia and the entertainment corresponded to the same area. It really was well done. The seating is done in order of booking but I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. It's also terraced so your view is never blocked. If you booked early you probably have excellent seats. This isn't a buffet - you are served by the same waiter all night.

Are you sure the Wind is going to Lahaina??? The passenger ship schedule http://www.state.hi.us/dot/harbors/maui/2005cruise.htm

for Kahului shows the Wind docking there. Kahului is a pretty good drive from Lahaina??? A car rental would be about the only option to get to Lahaina for the Feast at Lele, the drive depending on traffic about 45 minutes plus time to return the car.

:o When they serve you dinner, do they tell you what the dish is?

What I mean, is do they tell you if it is a certain type of fish or meat?

Thanks Again!

Lou

Yes, they describe the food and tell you from what polynesian culture it originated in.

I disagree about the stage not being blocked, or at least when we were there in March 2003 the stage could not be seen from the back areas. The dancers could from the knees up. To see the actual feet of the dancers it was a little hard due to tables in front of you. Having said that you could see 95% of the dancers and their dances. It is very well done, and the food while not spectacular is much better than standard luau fare. Of course, I hate buffets, which this isn't.

jc

If you're docking in Kahilui you will have to seriously shorten your time at the feast to make it back to the ship in time. Not worth it. They give you a menu and they tell you what each course is so it's easy to follow along. The menu is also on-line. The Tahitiancourse was the best. I would love to get the recipe for the steamed chicken - it really was excellent.

• 12 years later...
If you're docking in Kahilui you will have to seriously shorten your time at the feast to make it back to the ship in time. Not worth it. They give you a menu and they tell you what each course is so it's easy to follow along. The menu is also on-line. The Tahitiancourse was the best. I would love to get the recipe for the steamed chicken - it really was excellent.

We don't leave until 11, so do you still think that's true?? The feast is scheduled to end at 9 PM and we are docking at Kahilui

We don't leave until 11, so do you still think that's true?? The feast is scheduled to end at 9 PM and we are docking at Kahilui

You would most probably have to be back on the ship by 10:30 p.m. latest. If the show lets out promptly at 9 p.m. and you have a rental car, that leaves you 90 minutes to go to your car, drive back to (presumably) the rental car office at Kahului Airport, return the car and wait for a shuttle (or take a taxi) back to the ship. Given that it takes about 45 minutes from Lahaina to Kahului, that only leaves you 45 minutes for everything else. No comment one way or the other from us - just giving a general time estimate so you can decide what you feel comfortable in doing here.

We've gone to the Feast at Lele several times but all we had to do is to drive home & not back to a ship.

Both the Old Lahaina Luau & Feast at Lele are owned by the same company & as I recall their times were similar. The Feast doesn't show times but you could call to confirm their times. Here are the times for the OLL and as you can see the times vary throughout the year depending upon sunset.

June 1st - August 31st

Showing nightly from 6:15 p.m. till approximately 9:15 p.m.

September 1st - September 30th & March 1st - May 31

Showing nightly from 5:45 p.m. till approximately 8:45 p.m.

October 1st - February 28th

Showing nightly from 5:15 p.m. till approximately 8:15 p.m.

Like us, Silver Sweathearts also lives on Maui & I agree with her thoughts & that ending at 9:00 that doesn't leave much time for any sort of delays. Ending at 8:15 would give some extra time but if necessary you could leave before the end of the performance.

Another major consideration would be drinking & driving so unless someone is a designated driver wouldn't recommend any unlimited alcoholic drinks options.

If the ship does not offer this luau you might consider your car rental from Enterprise which is within walking distance of the ship. And...prepay your gas so there will not be a stop for gas on the return. And...plan to leave by 8:30 to get to your car before the crowds leave and parking lots are blocked. And...if you don't mind missing the ship, in case you are late, flying to the next port, why not take a chance? Too bad you do not have two nights and could do this on a night when you do not have a curfew. JMO Cherie

You would most probably have to be back on the ship by 10:30 p.m. latest. If the show lets out promptly at 9 p.m. and you have a rental car, that leaves you 90 minutes to go to your car, drive back to (presumably) the rental car office at Kahului Airport, return the car and wait for a shuttle (or take a taxi) back to the ship. Given that it takes about 45 minutes from Lahaina to Kahului, that only leaves you 45 minutes for everything else. No comment one way or the other from us - just giving a general time estimate so you can decide what you feel comfortable in doing here.

Thanks for the advice. I think as long as we can see some of the fire dancing, we can go early. I don't want to miss the ship!

We do not drink, so drinking and driving is not an issue, as someone else had pointed out.