AARP Gift Cards

Schoifmom

I was on the Rewards for Good site today and noticed that not only do they not have any Carnival gift cards, the only cards listed in the travel gift card section are those hotel certificates. Do you suppose that AARP will also no longer be carrying travel-related gift cards (ala Verizon)?

Yes that would really be a shame if AARP stopped offering those cards. I can kind of understand with Verizon since they are shutting down their rewards program but not AARP. On the other hand, I did read somewhere that the company behind both rewards programs is the same so maybe it's their issue with Carnival gift card availability and not Verizon or AARP?

In the past, they have come and gone. Sometimes it shows "sold out" while other times they are just not there. Until they don't show back up for an extended period of time, I'd not worry about them disappearing.

It's not that. It's that there are NO gift cards in that section, not even the rental car ones that are there perpetually. (It's not my first rodeo :) )

It's not that. It's that there are NO gift cards in that section, not even the rental car ones that are there perpetually. (It's not my first rodeo :) )

I've watched them go off the site and back on multiple times since I joined a year ago. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

It may not be your first rodeo....but I think you may have fallen off the horse on this one ;):halo:. I'm betting you will see it back on AARP very soon:cool:.

AARP Carnival $100 and $500 are back.

Yippee! I did get mine this morning.

You could understand that the complete absence of anything (not just Carnival gift cards, but any cards at all) in the travel gift card area coupled with Verizon's recent announcement would be concerning to someone who has been buying and observing that site for a considerable length of time.