NYE weather Port Canaveral

cakewoman6

It's winter in the tropics. I don't live far from the port. It could be freezing <for us>, it could be in the 80's. We've had both conditions through the years. You'd do better to look at the weather a few weeks out.

Since you live more north you could probably wear light weight clothes and bring a jacket in case it gets cold.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Going on a 7 day cruise Dec 31 out of Port Canaveral and wondering how the weather is... Anyone know?

It will be cold, maybe in the 30's. It could even snow. (unlikely but it is in the middle of winter). People come to FL all the time in the winter, thinking that it is always hot. PC is in the middle, so most likely it will be in the low 50's to the 70's, but it drops often below 50 at night.

It will be cold, maybe in the 30's. It could even snow. (unlikely but it is in the middle of winter). People come to FL all the time in the winter, thinking that it is always hot. PC is in the middle, so most likely it will be in the low 50's to the 70's, but it drops often below 50 at night.

Not too funny and slightly helpful in the end....was this really necessary?

Not too funny and slightly helpful in the end....was this really necessary?

Huh? It was an accurate answer.

When traveling to FL in the winter, you MUST watch the jet stream. If the east coast is having a cold snap, even as far south as Miami it can be cool. We cruised in mid January out of Miami and the high was 62 after lows in the 40s. Miami is 200 miles south of Orlando....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruised out of PC the first week in December this past year. Embarkation day was beautiful, sunny and warm but not too warm. When we came back in to port 4 days later it was foggy, and very cool! I mistakenly only kept shorts and a tank top out of my luggage before placing in the hallway the night before. I was freezing all morning long! Due to the fog and some other unknown reason, debarkation was delayed several hours so I was has sitting around shivering the whole time. But, by the time we finally got off the ship, to our shuttle van and to our hotel near the airport, the sun had come out and it was a beautiful afternoon/evening.

Huh? It was an accurate answer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the clarification.....my comment above was referencing HavingFun 2010's remarks stating " It will be cold, maybe in the 30's. It could even snow. (unlikely but it is in the middle of winter). "..... really? In PC? that part was not needed.

Thanks for the clarification.....my comment above was referencing HavingFun 2010's remarks stating " It will be cold, maybe in the 30's. It could even snow. (unlikely but it is in the middle of winter). "..... really? In PC? that part was not needed.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it can and does happen more often that one might think.

Depends on where you are coming from and what the weather is like there. If you're coming from the north, you will likely be comfortable in lighter clothes and a sweatshirt/pants at night. The weather is really hit or miss though. Sometimes it's warm, other times it's cold.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No it doesn't snow in Port Canaveral on new years eve, I mean it can (anything can happen) but very rare and it would only be snowflakes but that would be very unusual. I lived in Orlando for 25 years never saw snow. Weather early January is normally 70s-80 high but there always could be a short lived cold front make it down and it could be lower, just keep checking the weeks before your cruise, last Holiday season was very warm!!!

I am also a former central Floridian and I have seen snow flurries as well as temps in the mid twenties, so anything can happen. Asking for what the weather will be four to five months in advance is really a crap shoot for the most part. Heck, the TV weather folks can't get it right four days in advance. ;p

Take the other advice and wait until your cruise gets closer, much closer.

The weather does fluctuate down here, but even if it is a cold snap it won't last as long as most places. The chance of afternoon thunderstorms are less likely in the winter seeing as it is typically our dry season.

I have cruised to the Caribbean during Christmas and it was warm and sunny on the islands. Loved seeing the decorations on the ship and the ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of people that live in colder states. Teens and thugs call them hoodies. Adults call them sweatshirts with a hood on them.

Well thank you for calling me a thug. That's very mature of you. I'm certainly way past teen (as in 40 years past). I bow to the self-professed Master. ;p

hoodie, what adult owns a hoodie?

Well thank you for calling me a thug. That's very mature of you. I'm certainly way past teen (as in 40 years past). I bow to the self-professed Master. ;p

I'm sorry if I offended you. I did not mean that to insult you or anyone that calls them a hoodie. I was referring to the post that said what adult owns a hoodie. Call them what you want but there are a lot of adults that own hoodies/sweatshirt with hoods on them.

Lots of people that live in colder states. Teens and thugs call them hoodies. Adults call them sweatshirts with a hood on them.

Wait you're a thug if you call them hoodies? ?

They are even labeled on amazon as such. Smh:rolleyes:

This past year the temp was 80 and a low of 59. The historical average is 70 for the high and 50 for the low. Due to global warming the past several years I would expect mid 70's to be normal. Been here 17 years and have not seen a snowflake.....whomever is posting this must be confused with say Jacksonville or the Panhandle.......

This past year the temp was 80 and a low of 59. The historical average is 70 for the high and 50 for the low. Due to global warming the past several years I would expect mid 70's to be normal. Been here 17 years and have not seen a snowflake.....whomever is posting this must be confused with say Jacksonville or the Panhandle.......

I for one posted it and no, never lived in Jax or the panhandle, 25+ years in central FL as my post states. Yes, I have seen snow flurries and many times, temps in the mid twenties. I've seen frozen mud puddles and scrapped ice of my windshield plenty of times. Someone mentioned the shuttle disaster which was caused by cold weather affecting the O rings and photos showed there was ice on the pad.

The point is, anything can happen and you can't predict this far out what you may run into weather wise.