Allure of the seas, crippled

We were on the 1/21 cruise, and on the 1/28 cruise with you. Waiting to see if they cancel the 1/28 cruise before I cancel, for future benefits. Will cancel on 10/14 if RCI Has not yet cancelled the sailing. Cannot hurt to hang onto the booking. Will book another cruise line next week. H

Are you going to cancel because you wanted to do a BtoB or because you just don't want to sail Allure or RCI now?

I'll be on the 9/3 and always love St. Kitts but don't care about the change. I fully understand itineraries aren't guaranteed. Also I'm cruising in hurricane season so I expected a weather related change already.

Will be on a ship with friends and people I like being with. Allure could sail around Key West for 7 days and I'd be fine.

We just contacted them. I was hung up on before I could get to the point. Great customer service! Staying with Carnival from now on. Understand the contract states they can do this, however making the change a day or two after final payments were made is really low. Glad we get to sail on a busted ship to a port that we don't even want to go to!

Let me tell you about our six day cruise to nowhere on Carnival. We left late the first day but they said "No Problem, we will make the first port a little late". This went on every day except the last when a miracle happened and we were able to make the discharge port on time.

We were deeply disappointed as the only reason we booked this cruise was to dive on the stops.

Needless to say, we have never cruised on them again

Has there ever been confirmation that there is a blade problem? It would be interesting to know if this is the same pod that had an issue the last time or if it is one of the other two.

No, the link doesn't work, so I can't confirm, just going with what was said, and based on the description of work appearances last turn-around. If I remember right, they worked on at least two pods last time.

Since the blades are bolted on to the hub, they could replace the blades in an extended turn-around day, or remove them one port and install the new ones the next port. I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a spare set of blades in the fleet, with at least 3 ships using the same propeller design, plus they could "borrow" the ones from the Oasis4 (been known to have been done).

Looking at the Cofferdam movie, it does not look like the blades bolt on to the hub but is a one piece prop.

With the very short time in Nassau why not just cut it altogether and have 2 very good port stops w a bigger margin of error? They always seem to make it to Nassau even w broken ships lol.

(I actually have been on cruises that missed Nassau due to mechanicals.)

Was on the phone with RCCL today as they cancelled our cruise on Jan 21st 2018. We were told Allure will be out of commission starting in September....I do NOT believe this, my guess is she meant the Itinerary would change but its what the woman on the phone said. We are sad to be missing our Jan 21 cruise but lucky we re booked another date.

Looking at the Cofferdam movie, it does not look like the blades bolt on to the hub but is a one piece prop.

If you look, you'll see a series of round "holes" on the hub alonside each blade, that appear to be plugged with putty, but this is actually cement. This covers the bolt heads, and there is a faint line running from the back to the front of the hub between blades, and rather than the more typical round boss, these seem to have rectangular ones.

Was on the phone with RCCL today as they cancelled our cruise on Jan 21st 2018. We were told Allure will be out of commission starting in September....I do NOT believe this, my guess is she meant the Itinerary would change but its what the woman on the phone said. We are sad to be missing our Jan 21 cruise but lucky we re booked another date.

Better not start in September. We're on her 9/3

I'm sure she just screwed up and confused the itinerary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope it is not in September. I have a cruise booked for October 22, 2017 and I already had a cruise cancelled this year due to the same reason two weeks before we were to leave. It was on celebrity summit for April 2017 cruise. If it happens again to me in the same year, I will say I have some pretty bad luck.

Are you going to cancel because you wanted to do a BtoB or because you just don't want to sail Allure or RCI now?

I have no where to go to stay on the second cruise. I am on two sailings on a MSC Hsip then a carnival ship the 15 days befor he cancelled cruise. So that creates a voidRCItold me they cannot fill so I could go on the Allure 1/28. Their only suggestion by RCI was for me to rent a car and drive to port Canaveral cruise on the Oasis then drive back to PE to do the 1/28 Allure cruise. No air credit was going to be offered.

I like RCI, and I like Celebrity even better. At the end of the year I will have 70 RCI cruises. I cruise on Sunday with Celebrity for a week then 31 days starting mid October. I have four RCI cruises booked in 2018 even cancelling both of these bookings. The only reason I have not cancelled is if they in the next 30 days the 1/28 cruise it would benefit me as I am not going anyway.

I know the replacement I am doing for both Allure cruises after the first two cruises in January, but I am not saying until I book that on Monday. H

Just booked Allure today for 9/10/17, without having read about the issues. Ours is a western itinerary, so apparently no change of ports from the azipod or prop problems. However, thinking back over the other Allure cruises I've been on, they both had changes due to hurricanes! First time was August 2012 hurricane Izaac, which closed port Everglades several days, so Allure couldn't get back into port before our cruise was to begin. Those on the ship got a nine night cruise, and we got a five night cruise! We found out the day before the cruise when we arrived at our pre cruise hotel. RCI totally took care of us! Comped two nights hotels, food and other expenses, and gave us OBC and a % off our next cruise. Last October, I cruised again on Allure during hurricane Matthew! Our ports were reversed and we had fantastic weather! So, maybe a few of you want to know my future Allure bookings!;p:o

Better not start in September. We're on her 9/3

I'm sure she just screwed up and confused the itinerary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course it was a mistake. If Allure were going to be sidelined for 5 months it would take more alcohol than the whole fleet holds to calm down the big wigs in Miami.

If they dry dock the Allure January, 2018 what is the worst case scenario for it remaining out of service? I have 5 cabins booked next Spring and some are adjoining which is often hard to get. Not sure if I should look for a plan B.

If they dry dock the Allure January, 2018 what is the worst case scenario for it remaining out of service? I have 5 cabins booked next Spring and some are adjoining which is often hard to get. Not sure if I should look for a plan B.

They have 5 months to get ready for this fix. The last time this happened it was fixed in a week and they had no experience to fall back on that time. If they pulled it off then I suspect they have much better chances of getting things done on time this time.

If Allure was going to be out of commision for 5 months it would be on every major news outlet and RC stocks would be tanking heavy right now due to the enormous cost of having one of their biggest profit centers loosing money for that long. So unless Allure is not seaworthy she will be sailing at reduced speed and modified itineraries until they get her into dry dock. Even with reduced speed and modified itineraries I will have a blast with my Family on our cruise on her in October as its still a cruise, still a vacation, and Im still not at work!

We just contacted them. I was hung up on before I could get to the point. Great customer service! Staying with Carnival from now on. Understand the contract states they can do this, however making the change a day or two after final payments were made is really low. Glad we get to sail on a busted ship to a port that we don't even want to go to!

Have fun on your Carnival Poop Cruise....that was a change after final payment too btw

Reading everyone freaking out on here about some intinerary changes or a mechanical issue like its the end of the world is pretty funny.

Its also a pretty sad state of adulting and emotional control in society. Things break, they cant be controlled, not everything will fixed in 5 mins. I am on the Sept 3 Allure cruise, ports got changed. So what. Still 3 stops. Its part of cruising....ESPECIALLY this time of year. Royal has not stated there will be a dry dock yet, so quit speculating. Its not helping.