Robo Call Free Cruise Class Action Settlement

Luvcrusn

There was a class action suit against a company that was making robo calls offering free cruises on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. The case was Charvat v. Carnival et al. If you have a home or mobile phone that was called you may be eligible to file a claim for between $300 and $900 as part of the class. There is a website that you can enter you telephone numbers to see if your telephone number is part of the settlement. My son forwarded the link to me and I found 2 of our numbers. Here's the link: https://www.rmgcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx

There was a class action suit against a company that was making robo calls offering free cruises on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. The case was Charvat v. Carnival et al. If you have a home or mobile phone that was called you may be eligible to file a claim for between $300 and $900 as part of the class. There is a website that you can enter you telephone numbers to see if your telephone number is part of the settlement. My son forwarded the link to me and I found 2 of our numbers. Here's the link: https://www.rmgcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx

Read the fine print regarding the settlement. Guess who gets paid first? It is not the people eligible for a claim.

More importantly, I wonder who gave out my phone numbers to the marketing company? I have a good idea.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know. We have filed a claim.

The settlement is up to $300 per claim and you can make 3 claims (1 per cruise line I suspect). As the prior poster said it depends on the number of people with valid claims and all the legal fees get paid first. I hope someone comes back in a couple of years and tells us what the actual payment is.

All 3 of our cell phone numbers were on, mine, DH's and DS's. I can't believe our home phone is not on we are constantly getting robo calls about free vacations or cruises, but I guess they are from someone else?

Probably a company that is "off-shore" and not subject to the laws about phone calls. This class action is happening because the company that did the robo calls was based in the US and subject to the laws.

Our former home phone number was on the list but not our cell numbers, so we have one entry.

Went to the website. Where are the numbers listed?

You have to click on one of the check boxes saying you didn't receive a notice. Then you will go to a page to enter your various numbers, one at a time. I had my home phone and one of our cell phones on the list.

All 3 of our cell phone numbers were on, mine, DH's and DS's. I can't believe our home phone is not on we are constantly getting robo calls about free vacations or cruises, but I guess they are from someone else?

We had all five of our cell phones on the list but our house phone was not, surprised at that.

About 15 or 20 years ago there was a class action law suit against the cruise lines, if my memory serves me correctly it was about port fees. We wound up getting a $40 off certificate with lots of restrictions, the main one being it had to be off list price. At the time the TAs were able to play with the prices so the certificate was basically worthless.

I think the original URL is a character off... I would try: https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx (the original is missing the "t").

Thank you both for the info..Our home number was on the list too..We filed a claim..:cool:

We too are on "The do not Call List" & just this morning I received a Robo call from an Air Conditioning Company..I usually just hang up on them unless it's a person, then I tell them we are on the list & they usually immediately apologize..

I am surprised that people are happy they are on the list. People should be upset that they are, in fact, on the list and some personal information was given to a third party.

In this day and age, everyone is on everyone's list unless you totally live off the grid. If you have ever bought anything on-line, own a smart phone, filed and paid your taxes, do business with a bank, all your stuff is out there.

We have had our information compromised by USPS (my DH worked for them), Bank of America, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, The Department of Revenue Services of CT and I can't tell you who else. We have had free credit monitoring for years because every time one of the incidents happen they sign you up for 2 years.

Telephone numbers are the easiest things to get.

IMHO the "Do not Call" list is worthless. I've filled out complaint forms and never received a response of any type. I once called the FCC about a call that was coming to my home phone 3 or 4 times a day and was told that "nothing could be done" since the calls were usually made over a short time from Starbucks. I now screen ALL calls!

IMHO the "Do not Call" list is worthless. I've filled out complaint forms and never received a response of any type. I once called the FCC about a call that was coming to my home phone 3 or 4 times a day and was told that "nothing could be done" since the calls were usually made over a short time from Starbucks. I now screen ALL calls!

Same experience, we don't answer unless there's a name on the caller ID that we know. Our problem is that we have a time share, we get all kinds of calls as a result. If somehow a call gets through and they start the sales pitch we just tell them we died.

When I went to the link I got a security warning about possible hackers... then decided am I giving my number out to someone else.

I think I will skip it even though I think I have gotten these calls. Just do not like giving out information, just trusting my gut on this one.