Easily Forgotten/Oddball Items to Pack

Khsh08

I'm not going on my next cruise until February, but I have already been working on my packing list. What are all the odd items you have packed that others think you are crazy but have really come in handy? What are the simple items that you know you should have packed and could have smacked yourself for forgetting?

I'm not going on my next cruise until February, but I have already been working on my packing list. What are all the odd items you have packed that others think you are crazy but have really come in handy? What are the simple items that you know you should have packed and could have smacked yourself for forgetting?

It's never to early to start working on a packing list! An item I brought last time, for the first time....liquid hand soap in a dispenser for the bathroom...no more fighting with that nasty, slimy bar soap they provide! 😀

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always take some command hooks to put on the walls for a hanger , hats, totes, easy to take down when you leave the ship. Magnets to hold invitations, announcements etc , and large clips to hold down towels on balcony . Those 3 things take up no space in a suitcase.

Eye Glasses repair kit/spare pair. My lense never pops out unless I'm on vacation. Kit is very small and easy to pack.

First aid kit with variety of meds.

Small sewing kit with safety pins.

Cloth shopping bag (usually with local team on it) for pool/excursion bag

Thanks for all the suggestions. Some of course I had already had on my list like a power strip and zip loc baggies. As far as the glasses- I'm actually going to wear contacts which I don't relaly like but are dailys and can be rid of them whenver I want to use my glasses as a back up.

Keep the ideas coming!

Liquid hand soap for bathroom. A couple of flameless tea lights to use as night lights. Magnets for cabin walls to hang compasses, etc., and a small whiteboard and dry erase marker for the cabin door so others in our party can leave messages.

A bottle opener is impossible to find on most ships, so I take one.

If you buy the bag o' beer, it has an opener on it. On our last cruise, our cabin attendant gave us an "extra" cooler bag, and we found it had an opener attached.

We try to remember to bring small, compact binoculars. It's fun seeing what we can see when leaving port or passing other ships, etc.

We carry an air mattress so my wife can sleep comfortably. Also an electric blower to fill the bag up.