How early are shore excursions available to book?

Petoonya

My experience has been that there is not a fixed answer to your question. On most all cruises, I have experienced, on can book cruises by the payment due date, which is 6 months out.

Oceania takes cruises around the world to multiple ports. Some of those routes are only visited once a year. So Oceania's team must expend a lot of work on all the details of booking those tours to those rarely or newly visited ports as opposed to those they regularly visit. I have seen some tours open up as early as 9 months out, about the time the Air Department starts booking air deviations. For other cruises it may be closer to the final payment date. Additionally, I have seen new tours, to the previously posted tours, added as time goes on. So what one initially sees may not be the final answer.

If interested in the O tour options, the best bet is to regularly check "my account" on your booked cruise to see what has opened up. ;)

• 11 months later...

From prior posts, I've been able to see that excursions appear about 6-9 months is advance of the sailing date. These posts are about a year old, but do they hold true today? We're on a 12/2018 cruise from Dubai to Cape Town, and at present, the only excursions available are full day/half day private cars. Would appreciate any comments or update. Thanks!

From prior posts, I've been able to see that excursions appear about 6-9 months is advance of the sailing date. These posts are about a year old, but do they hold true today? We're on a 12/2018 cruise from Dubai to Cape Town, and at present, the only excursions available are full day/half day private cars. Would appreciate any comments or update. Thanks!

Look at the same ports for this year the excursions will most likely be the same

So you can see what O offers & make plans accordingly

Yes, surprised this was revived from 8/31/16. Did not end up booking any O excursions and glad I didn't. Did an 18 day Tahiti cruise in May and lots of complaints about O's. Booked our own and very pleased. Rebooked similar itinerary for 3/2/19 and unbelievably bookings were already being accepted for two very popular independent tours that sell out way in advance.