Tripinsurancestore

klfrodo

Yes, I could call Steve, but interested in responses from here first.

The policy that I was looking at and comparing that best fit our needs was listed on the compare page at $209 before taxes for both of us and "work related" cancellation was highlighted as a part of the policy. TravelGard Gold

So, I clicked on the "Buy Now" link

The price jumped to $259 PLUS an additional charge for "Work Related" coverage.

Any explanation that anyone can think of?

You live in Washington, and the normal Travel Guard Gold is not available in your state. A lot of travel policies have exceptions for Washington.

Valid point.

However, before you can even request quotes to compare, you have to provide your State of residence.

Therefore, the $209 quote was or should have been for Washington

Well, if that's the case, here is the 'other 44 states' pricing page based on ages (by decade) and Trip cost (by $500 increments). Look up your rate(s), add $7 for the policy. Does it add up to $209? If so, the WA exception was not included until you hit the buy now button. As for the extra cost for work coverage, you will have to ask the broker, but I expect it is somehow also part of the WA pricing rules and regs.

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-guard-gold-plan-prices-to-100000-pp-trip-cost-for-44-states/

Thanks Cheryl

Comes up to $267. You're right in that the problem is most likely the Washington issue.

Which makes the easy compare page worthless for me. All the different add ons included by various policies may or may not really be included as stated in the compare page even though residency has been stated prior to selecting Compare Policies.

Guess I'll have to give Steve or his associates a call after the Holiday.

I do want to say thank you. You, along with a couple of other people are appreciated for sharing your knowledge when it comes to this topic.

Have a safe Holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow-up

I waited a few days, then pulled up the tripinsurancestore web site to have in front of me before I called Steve.

Low and behold, the Travel Guard Gold option was no longer available as one of the comparisons.

Went ahead and purchased the TravelSafe for Washington residents since it most filled our needs.

A couple of days later, received the welcome and thanks letter from Becky at tripinsurancestore

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Cheryl

I do want to say thank you. You, along with a couple of other people are appreciated for sharing your knowledge when it comes to this topic.

I will add my appreciation. Just yesterday I dropped in to this board and read the "tale of two policies" thread. Very informative and enlightening. Reading that thread led me to ----

Deanna at Trip Insurance Store, who was very helpful in resolving a specific question. It's not a common scenario, but I'll share it anyway. We booked a cruise a few days ago for this December. Currently we live in state "W", but will be moving to state "A" in late September. The conundrum was whether to get insurance now as a resident of W or be limited in our options getting insurance later as a resident of A. Deanna assured that a policy purchased now as W residents would be valid and enforceable even if we have changed states by travel time. I bought our usual Travelex Max via their portal and all is well. Future travel policies will be booked via their portal, absolutely no downside and many ups.

Shorex and klfrodo, aw shucks...thanks for the props. The more we all post our learning experiences the more we all benefit from the increased knowledge base. I appreciate hearing about all these results and being able to pass on the knowledge. I just want to add thanks to cruiseco, who has been a real source of insurance information for me, as has Steve and his website chock full of explanations.

Shorex and klfrodo, aw shucks...thanks for the props. The more we all post our learning experiences the more we all benefit from the increased knowledge base. I appreciate hearing about all these results and being able to pass on the knowledge. I just want to add thanks to cruiseco, who has been a real source of insurance information for me, as has Steve and his website chock full of explanations.

Hi, fellow New Mexican. We're in southern section.

I've heard of TheInsuranceStore.com several times before but always from someone who says "talk to Steve" there. I thought it was just a friend of Steve trying to drum up business so I ignored the posts.

Well, today I went to the site to see about better/cheaper coverage for pre-existing condition than we paid last time. (Insurance for those of us past 75 is pricey).

What an easy site to compare plans! And links to answer questions and a chart showing how costs are determined.

I emailed a question and got a quick reply. So, tomorrow, after discussing a couple possibilities with hubby, I'll phone them, ask a couple more questions, and book a policy. Booking can also be done online but I find it easier to deal with a knowledgeable person.

It's a great site and I'll be using them again.