Apparently the Carnival Fantasy is for sale... again

wo5m

I know several years ago Carnival floated the idea of selling the Fantasy, but had nobody interested at the time. Today, I just stumbled on this by accident and while they don't mention the ship by name as more detailed information is "available only to qualified buyers", The Carnival Fantasy is the only ship that matches list the specs

http://www.boats.com/power-boats/1990-cruise-ship-2000-passenger-stock-no-s2152-4886577/

Listed Specs:

Ships Specifications –

Year Built: 1990

LOA: 261 m

Beam: 31 m

Draft: 7.8 m

Gross Tons: 70,367 GT

Service Speed (Knots): 21

I hope that it doesn't sell while I'm on it.

"Ding Ding Ding, good morning ladies and gentlemen from the bridge, this is your captain speaking. We'll be docking unexpectedly and will need you to take all your personal belongings off the ship with you. Good luck getting home............" :-)

$100 million. Just need to find 100 folks like us who have spent $100 thousand in crushing in the past 25 years and we could own that sucka!

Uh, I think the 100 people would have to have one million dollars each to buy it.

If I had the money, I'd buy that baby, make it adults only, all-inclusive, and the name of the MDR would be "Wear Whatever the Hell You Want." Lol

I'm in! Just let us know where and when to show up. :D

I believe the Bahamas Paradise who owns the Grand Celebration in Palm Beach, Florida is seriously looking at her. They fixed up the Carnival Celebration nicely and that was a Holiday class ship. I think they would do well with her in Palm Beach. Carnival even allowed them to keep her whale tail .

Fantasy is not going anywhere. It's been listed for years. They spent more than $100M on the last renovation. They'll be keeping it for a while.

On another note, y'all missed the opportunity to buy the old Jubilee. It was listed for $35M but sadly no takers and it was sold for scrap. Word is that the Chinese owners let it deteriorate badly before trying to sell it.

Yes, the Jubilee was renamed the Hanna and sat in Singapore and was rotting. The Chinese government purchased her. However, her sister ships the Celebration and the Holiday are still alive and well. The Holiday is now the Magellan and is sailing in the British Isles. The Celebration is now the Grand Celebration sailing out of Palm Beach Florida. She is still beautiful. I've sailed on her three times.

If I had the money, I'd buy that baby, make it adults only, all-inclusive, and the name of the MDR would be "Wear Whatever the Hell You Want." Lol

Great idea. You would be broke in the first month.