Just off 10 night Italy/Greek Isles on Reflection

shayelle

We were a large group (14 people from 15-75 years old). My family of 4 (me, dh, dd17, ds14) shared a partially obstructed view veranda. It was cabin 6170. My parents were next door in 6168 (bed by the veranda). When were first booked (which was about 15 months before cruise date) we got this category, plus the "Go Best" for just over $9,000. We did get one price drop. It dropped us to $6,200 for the same cabin category and still "Go Best". My parents dropped from over $6000 to just over $4000. We were originally on deck 7. The day of the price drop I couldn't get through to Celebrity so I booked a new reservation (so I had to select different cabins). Then once it was confirmed I canceled the old one. I did this for my parents as well. I meant to call later and get the cabins back on deck 7 but just kept forgetting. It was not a big deal though.

Embarkation: We spent 5 days in Rome before the cruise. We arrived a day later than planned due to bad weather and a missed connection. Although this is the first time this has ever happened to us, this is why we never come in the day of a cruise! After our time in Rome, we took Rome Cabs from the Piazza Navona area to the Port. There were 8 of us with a TON of bags. It was 200 euros. We were picked up at 9:30am. We were on the ship by 10:50am. No line whatsoever. We were greeted with a Mimosa upon boarding (OJ for kids). Cabins were not ready, obviously. Way too early. We roamed the ship, ate at the OceanView Cafe, and started using our beverage plan :)

Cabins were ready around 1:30pm. We had cabin 6170 partially obstructed Veranda. The view is of the lifeboats. Ours was a little more "obstructed" than my parents who were next door in 6168. Ours had the white metal part of the lifeboat system in front of ours. We had the balcony divider opened with my parents next door. It was nice. The cabin had the king bed by the bathroom and a sofa and pull down bunk bed by the Veranda that our cabin steward took care of every morning/night for us. I was surprised by the amount of storage we had. We had A LOT of clothes and luggage. We were gone for 17 days so packing light wasn't really an option. We had plenty of storage though. There's a lot of storage over the bed, 3 deep drawers, little shelves next to each side of the bed, and a ton of closet space. This is the key. Use the closet. If you didn't bring your own hangers (we always travel with 1 garment bag with as much stuff hung up on wire hangers as possible) your cabin steward will bring you more upon request (at least ours did). I also brought one large over the door storage. We stored some under garments, bathing suits, shoes, sunglasses, belts, sunscreen. I also brought a smaller one for the bathroom. We really didn't need it though. The bathroom has a surprising amount of usable storage space. We stored makeup/hair stuff by the mirror in the cabin (again, there are little nooks and cranny's you can store stuff there too). We had 4 LARGE suitcases and 1 small case that all fit under the bed. We stored backpacks over between the couch and the sliding door to the Veranda (where we had also moved the little table to get it out of the way). I also brought magnetic hooks and hung hats, purses, and various other items to get them out of the way. We hung a mesh laundry bag on one of the big hooks on the wall. This is the 1st cruise we've taken where we didn't have 2 cabins. I was skeptical but it was a success! We did not feel cramped. Granted, we did not spend a ton of time in the room and when we did, we used the veranda a lot. But it was definitely worth the savings for us to get 1 cabin this time.

We went with the "go best' option. We got 2 premium beverage packages, 2 classic non alcohol packages, 2 unlimited internet, 2 40 minutes internet packages, 2 prepaid tips, and $300 OBC. The price of the upgrade was nowhere near what we would have paid otherwise. It was a good deal for us.

Beverage packages. We upgraded the kids to the premium package before we boarded. Not sure how it worked out price wise. I am not sure what the differences are. They both drank quite a few virgin type pina colada's/Daiquiri's. My son drinks Coke, my daughter doesn't drink soda at all. But she had some smoothies. The premium alcohol plans works well for us. We usually have a few specialty coffees, some martini's, the wine we like is over the classic price, and a lot of bottled water.

The internet is slow! Sometimes not even worth having. That being said, I was happy enough to have it since it was included but do not think I would pay the $269 price tag for it. You can use it on multiple devices, just one device at a time though. So my dd and ds would log in on their device using mine or one of the grandparents who also had unlimited. Again, not sure it's worth paying for, but as a perk it was just fine.

More later, gotta go do more laundry....

• 2 weeks later...