PH 1 Room on Marina

Whale's Tail

Just booked a cruise on the Marina PH1 category. The room is on deck 11 right across from the Executive Lounge. Two questions: 1. Is it noisy near the lounge w/ people going in and out? 2. Can you hear music from the pool area that is just above you from your balcony? Thanks so much for any advice!!!:confused:

It has been our experience (not on the Marina) that you hear scraping of chairs and other noises when you are below the pool deck. We booked a suite there once (on Oceania's sister ship) and will not do that in the future.

I do not think that there will be any noise associated with being across from the Executive Lounge. It is a glass door that doesn't slam and the people inside and generally either on the computer, reading the newspaper or watching television!

I do not think that there will be any noise associated with being across from the Executive Lounge. It is a glass door that doesn't slam and the people inside and generally either on the computer, reading the newspaper or watching television!

It's not so much slamming of the door that is an issue but conversations as people are coming and going from the lounge. I've had a room about 4 doors away from the lounge and have experienced this. They aren't doing this intentionally, just not aware that their conversations carry.

But Deck 10 means you have to go upstairs to the lounge. Depends upon how often you think you might be needing or enjoying using the lounge.

Good for exercise using the stairs - must be good for at least 1/2 cal :D

Good for exercise using the stairs - must be good for at least 1/2 cal :D

stairs%2Bsign.jpg

Those are my kind of instructions.

You sparked my curiosity. Found this:

"About 15 calories are burnt climbing one flight of stairs three times per day for a person weighing between 150 and 160 pounds.

Your burn rate on stairs depends on 4 main factors:

1. How much you weigh - the more you weigh the more you burn for the same rate of activity"

Finally a benefit of weighing (considerably) more than 160 lbs. I will burn more calories than those skinny folk!

[quote=YoHoHo;537655

Your burn rate on stairs depends on 4 main factors:

1. How much you weigh - the more you weigh the more you burn for the same rate of activity"

Finally a benefit of weighing (considerably) more than 160 lbs. I will burn more calories than those skinny folk!

I like your logic :D

What are the other 3 main factors?

I have stayed in PH 11035 very close to lounge. I enjoyed having it so close to grab a coffee. I did notice scrapping of the chairs above a few times but it did not effect my sleep and I am a light sleeper.

If you want full sun you might be better off on deck 10. I liked the shade.

• 11 months later...
I have stayed in PH 11035 very close to lounge. I enjoyed having it so close to grab a coffee. I did notice scrapping of the chairs above a few times but it did not effect my sleep and I am a light sleeper.

If you want full sun you might be better off on deck 10. I liked the shade.

Hi Maggie...we sail in a few days on Oceania Marina...this exact cabin...You mentioned that you noticed the chairs scraping a few times...how early was it in the morning. We are early risers ...normally. I just hope when you noticed this sound, it was not before 6 am :D:D

If this noise is a concern I suggest proactively bringing ear plugs. As you are leaving in a few days not much else you can do *if* there is noise that bothers you and this sailing other than checking if you can move to a different cabin. We store ear plugs in a small pouch along with a few other things such as eye shades, that we throw in the carry-on for every trip, land or sea.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and the lovely penthouse cabin