ms Oosterdam in Juneau August 8, 2017

Scrapnana

Oosterdam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2100.

Also in port are Millennium (0700-2130) at the AS dock, Coral Princess (0800-2115) at the FKL dock, and the Norwegian Jewel (0700-1330) and Pearl (1400-2200) switching off the AJ dock.

Here is a forecast that we have not seen much this summer -- mostly sunny! High will be 71F/22C and low will be 50F/10C. Sunrise is at 5:02 am and sunset at 9:02 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

oooh, creepy fog!!! I can't even see the far off dock (still haven't learned which dock is which :) ). Millennium sure is moving slowly!

This gives you a look at where the four cruise ship docks are located in Juneau. Just a heads up, this map is from before the latest dock improvements (making AS and CT into floating docks) were completed. AJ is also a floating dock while FKL, the only private dock in Juneau, is not. Since the AS upgrade was completed early this year, "C" the Intermediate Vessel Float is now used as the Juneau tender dock for the ship which is tendering when all four docks are occupied

juneau_cruisepiers.jpg

This gives you a look at where the four cruise ship docks are located in Juneau. Just a heads up, this map is from before the latest dock improvements (making AS and CT into floating docks) were completed. AJ is also a floating dock while FKL, the only private dock in Juneau, is not. Since the AS upgrade was completed early this year, "C" the Intermediate Vessel Float is now used as the Juneau tender dock for the ship which is tendering when all four docks are occupied

juneau_cruisepiers.jpg

Thanks for that picture! Now to ask an off-topic question: where is Juneau Car Rental office in relation to the docks? I know I've read that one of them is a long walk. I can't remember if it is the AS or the AJ dock. I'm thinking of renting a car for the three of us and just booking the whale watching solo rather than a WW/glacier combo tour as we would like to see some other stuff, too.

Thanks for that picture! Now to ask an off-topic question: where is Juneau Car Rental office in relation to the docks? I know I've read that one of them is a long walk. I can't remember if it is the AS or the AJ dock. I'm thinking of renting a car for the three of us and just booking the whale watching solo rather than a WW/glacier combo tour as we would like to see some other stuff, too.

Besides several agencies at Juneau Airport, which is not close to the docks and will require a cab ride, Avis has an agency on Mill Street, corner of Thane Road, which is a decent hike from the AJ Dock