Live (I'll try my Best) from the Eclipse Baltic Sailing

absolutboy20

It's now two days before we leave for the cruise and I can honestly say due to work, personal, and unexpected events that this cruise is the least prepared I have ever been for a vacation. I still have not finalized most of the excursions and just realized Tallinn is a port stop! St.Petersburg and Wandermere are the only confirmed reservations I have so far.

Although this will be our third Celebrity cruise, it will be our first that is not on a charter. This makes it feel like it is our first time cruising in some ways as the entertainment, demographic, and dress codes are going to be much different than our past cruises.

So what have I decided to try this trip? A live blog of my experience. I'm hoping with five sea days I will have time to get this accomplished. As there has been several great reports on the major stops on this trip already, I should be able to keep it short for excursions. The sailing is out of Southampton on the Eclipse for a thirteen day cruise to the Baltic.

So while I’m sitting at my desk at lunch right now searching through port activities online, I'm contemplating the hardest part of leaving on vacation…

acc494ef265b42af1fd07d7f780e4916.jpg

We have done this trip twice and loved it both times. Tallinn is fantastic - just grab a map, get off the ship and wander. We first went in 2002 and knew nothing about it, but it was our favourite stop. Enjoy!

No need for an excursion in Tallinn. You can walk from the ship to the old city and the up to the top.. We used Rick Steves walking tour. Tallinn is just beautiful. Enjoy your cruise.

Haha, had to go back and look at the picture, only saw one dog the first time!

I'm also very much looking forward to your live blog...this trip is on our bucket list and we're hoping to do it in 2019, just waiting for the itineraries to be released.

Have fun and enjoy!

Cathy

Is that a Westie !!! I have a Westie and a Cairn Terrier they are both 5 and I love them to bits!! I know how you feel when you have to leave them, lucky for us our daughter takes them and then we do the same for her when they have to leave their two mini dachshunds to cruise.

Have a wonderful trip, relax and look forward to seeing their wagging tails and smiling faces when you return

Is that a Westie !!! I have a Westie and a Cairn Terrier they are both 5 and I love them to bits!! I know how you feel when you have to leave them, lucky for us our daughter takes them and then we do the same for her when they have to leave their two mini dachshunds to cruise.

Have a wonderful trip, relax and look forward to seeing their wagging tails and smiling faces when you return

We think he's a maltipoo. Both came from the SPCA but the brown one we are pretty sure is straight poodle. We tried a DNA test on the white dog as he was the first, but the test came back 50% poodle, 48% unknown, and 2% beagle.... Basically he's an alien.

Edited by absolutboy20

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions!! Well I think I accomplished the packing part tonight. Hopefully I meet the 50lb max for the flight but I'll throw it on the human scale I never use tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately I need to go in early to try and wrap things up at work before the car service picks up at noon. I did book some excursions last night. What they were/ports gets a little blurry as it was with a couple glasses of vino.

Keep you all posted. Good night!

I didn't sleep well last night and woke up around 5AM to finish packing before heading to work. I got lost in time and before I knew it was 40 minutes before the car service was to arrive at the house.

I rushed back home. The other half was getting the housesitter acquainted. The car picked us up for the 1.5 hour drive to SFO from the central coast. I fell asleep in the car while the driver tailgated every other vehicle.

I do enjoy SFO, I just wish there were better dining options in the international terminal. Lunch was at Firewood’s overlooking an Air France A380 while having some fish and chips. I am normally on a low carb diet, but hey I'm on vacation right?

c1763312aa8bca17487c716df9923d37.jpg

Tonight flight is on British Airways on one of the dwindling 747’s still left flying as more airlines switch to smaller more efficient twin engine planes. I'm just glad the long crew strike didn't have any issues with our flight being cancelled.

So now that I am sitting in the airplane, next time my check in will be from England.

c9ed1a0df08e7f2b20a0323b175ad27a.jpg

Look forward to reading more.

If you like fish and chips make sure you try some from a proper chip shop while you are in England (don't forget plenty of salt and vinegar:))

Julie