Check to see if you are part of the Class Action Lawsuit - if you received a call ...

MarcelLucSell

Care to elaborate? I tend not to click on suspicious links. I am not a natural born Cuban citizen so this does not involve me.

Next time a brief info would be helpful if you want someone to click on a link. No I did not click on it, but did a search and found it on the cruise lawyer's page.

Edited by PattBenatar

WTSP News in Tampa Bay / Sarasota had the story from 08/15/17

If you received a phone call offering you a free cruise, you may be entitled to cash.

A class action lawsuit (Charvat v. Carnival et al) says that a resort marketing group violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act when they made automated calls to consumers to offer free cruises with Carnival, Royal Caribbean or Norwegian Cruise lines.

Anyone who received a call between July 2009 and March 2014 could be eligible for up to $900.

Those eligible to receive the money have until Nov. 3 to file a claim.

To see if you qualify, click here to check your phone number.

© 2017 WTSP-TV

Here's from the link - from a law firms site - to see if your phone number had been called, then can submit claim.

Filing a Claim

You may file your Claim Form online or you may generate a personalized Claim Form to print and mail using this website.

Class Members who wish to file a claim must complete this form online or by mail postmarked no later than November 3, 2017.

What would you like to do?

• I have a claim number and I would like to securely file a claim online.
  • I have a claim number and I would like to download a personalized claim form, print it out, and mail it in.
  • I did NOT receive a notice and do not have a claim number, but would like to see if my phone number is a part of this settlement and File securely Online.
  • I did NOT receive a notice and do not have a claim number, but would like to see if my phone number is a part of this settlement and download a personalized claim form, print it out, and mail it in.

Care to elaborate? I tend not to click on suspicious links. I am not a natural born Cuban citizen so this does not involve me.

Next time a brief info would be helpful if you want someone to click on a link. No I did not click on it, but did a search and found it on the cruise lawyer's page.

I'm honestly not sure what being or not being a Cuban citizen has to do with this.

This link is a safe link to see if you're owed any monetary compensation for receiving a marketing phone call for a "free" cruise.

This is an actual lawsuit to recover damages for making marketing calls without permission. Many of these class action suits that are approved by a Court provide huge sums for the lawyers and the class members get less than ten bucks or worse a coupon to spend more money with the defendant.

This one could pay you up to $300 per call for up to 3 calls. It all depends on how many people sign up to be represented in the class. You will find out how many folks applied next April if a Court approves the settlement. It could be a nice check, or a buck and a quarter.

This is an actual lawsuit to recover damages for making marketing calls without permission. Many of these class action suits that are approved by a Court provide huge sums for the lawyers and the class members get less than ten bucks or worse a coupon to spend more money with the defendant.

This one could pay you up to $300 per call for up to 3 calls. It all depends on how many people sign up to be represented in the class. You will find out how many folks applied next April if a Court approves the settlement. It could be a nice check, or a buck and a quarter.

Checked one of the options. No luck. Could be my registration on Do-not-call Registry.

Well, my number was included in this lawsuit, I guess I'll go through with the claim and see how it goes. I remember getting a bunch of calls claiming I had won a "free cruise". It was annoying!

Yeeehaw !!! Maybe you'll be awarded enough for that "free cruise" after all !!

Our numbers were not included. But we did get those crazy postcards & letters.

Yeeehaw !!! Maybe you'll be awarded enough for that "free cruise" after all !!

Our numbers were not included. But we did get those crazy postcards & letters.

Lol, my wife's number was on there as well. So according to the website we could get $1,800 back. Our home number was not on there unfortunately!

Thanks for the info! I submitted my claim... we'll see if I get my twenty-five cents to spend lol! I do remember these calls on my cell, drove me freakin batty! Glad to see someone at least did something about it.

Edited by wemjam

Got to wonder if this is just for gathering phone numbers so they can spam you.

I entering my number, it was not on the list,

Then entered it again and it was on the list.

Seems random. If it said everyone was on the list then one would think it was fake news.

Strange