Debarkation and flight time Orlando

CaliGirl123

Cruising in November and am trying to book airfare. Planning on self asssist debarkation and using Cortrans from Port Canaveral to MCO. Is a 1210 flight doable? Carnival website says no earlier than 1250 flight if using their transportation. Thanks!

Your 1210pm time should be alright but it does not leave any time for unexpected delays. The two main areas of concern for me is Rte.528, a two lane highway with no side roads direct to MCO, in case of traffic delays. And the TSA, you never know how long it will take you to get through. I have had it take an hour at times to get through. The 1pm time is a little more on the safe side. I also would try to be on the road no later than 9am.

Thank you skrufy and D.C. travel. We will be flying American Airlines. I will check the construction info, thanks for the link. My dream flight left at 530 and only had one layover but is no longer available. Thinking I might be better off with the 2 pm flight. A little more pricey but more practical.

Because of the Disney crowds, Orlando is pretty tough on Sundays. I don't think I'd be comfortable that early but understand that locals can give you far better feedback. I thought Cortrans was quite good and recommend them.

Because of the Disney crowds, Orlando is pretty tough on Sundays. I don't think I'd be comfortable that early but understand that locals can give you far better feedback. I thought Cortrans was quite good and recommend them.

I was thinking this. The crowds from WDW can be bad, depends on the day. And if you have TSA pre check that will help.

Cruising in November and am trying to book airfare. Planning on self asssist debarkation and using Cortrans from Port Canaveral to MCO. Is a 1210 flight doable? Carnival website says no earlier than 1250 flight if using their transportation. Thanks!

We sailed on the Carnival Magic, out of Port Carnival, in March of this year and we made it off the ship by 9AM. It took just over an hour to get to Orlando due to construction and traffic. Your 1210 Flight is possible but when using a shuttle service you may not be the only people they are transporting to MCO. The later flight is a better option.

You should be fine. We have done earlier and had plenty of time.

If everything goes well and typical, you can be off the ship by 8am and at the airport by 9am (maybe even earlier). That gives you some wiggle room. But not lots.

Are you really in such a big hurry to get to the airport? ORL is an hour (at least) away from the port.

To me, a later flight avoids the "stress fest" after a relaxing stay on the ship.

Not knowing your particulars, this is just my thoughts on this.

Enjoy your trip!:)

Edited by jayscore
content

I wouldn't risk it. We had fog on our return to port this past December. We were able (just barely) to come into port but the fog got really bad once we were docked so debarkation was delayed a couple hours. There were quite a few freaked out passengers because they were going to miss their flights due to the delay. Maybe last winter was a fluke but I remember several ships not even being able to come into port because of fog last year.