Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

This a great thread...thanks for all the info. I have cabin 10189 booked, which I am pretty sure is covered but it overlooks the lifeboats, correct? How much do the lifeboats obstruct your view when looking down?

Yes, 10189 is covered:

2hwcl03.jpg

You will be overlooking the end of the lifeboat row so the lifeboats won't completely block the view straight down.

Here is an example looking down on some life boats (You won't have the open balconies to look at), credit goes to sdmike for the picture:

266-vi.jpg

Edited by Sgt Superman

Just some simple Google searches is all it takes to find the pictures.

And here is 14107, bed is by the balcony:

ohn0g5.jpg

This is great based on your picture here I moved up from 12165 (B6 cat) to 13145 (B4 cat). Balcony is exactly same size as a B6 . This change in deck from 12 to 13 has now saved me an additional $80.00 of our original cruise price but I also was able to rebook with this new cabin # and received a $200 OBC and a bottle of vino for me :D

Am I correct that 13145 is just below 14107?

This is great based on your picture here I moved up from 12165 (B6 cat) to 13145 (B4 cat). Balcony is exactly same size as a B6 . This change in deck from 12 to 13 has now saved me an additional $80.00 of our original cruise price but I also was able to rebook with this new cabin # and received a $200 OBC and a bottle of vino for me :D

Am I correct that 13145 is just below 14107?

Way to go for you!!!!

You are correct, 13145 is the cabin directly below 14107 in the picture. It has the exact same layout and balcony size as 12165. Congratz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are two links in my signature on Epic cabins. One describes and shows the hull balconies, and the other describes and shows the uncovered balconies. There is a link in there for drag an drop deck plans that will show you the position of your room and what's over and under it.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing the Epic April 7th/12. Originally we were booked in cabin 8116. We have just upgraded to a mini suite and will be in cabin 8064.

Can anyone tell me if this deck is covered? Are we looking down on life boats? Is the the bed next to the patio door? Does anyone have a picture of the exterior of the ship that this cabin can be pointed out?

Any answers would be very much appreciated! We are so excited, this is our first cruise!!:):):):)

Dear Luisitana..and I doubt I have spelled that right...We are booked in Balcony Cabin 10075. We have not sailed on NCL in years. and the size of the Epic...is .......intimidating. Wow.

Could you tell me anything about that balcony? Covered? it is at the beginning of a hump..will it be a larger balcony?

thank you. It ia BE...Which I don't know what it means...unfamiliar with balcony groups on NCL. We had a minisuite on the Jewel when it was new..have not been on NCL since. We have sailed..but finally..we just kept hearing good stuff about NCL...here we are...

Edited by AmberTeka

there are no uncovered balconies above deck 9. There are lists of hull and uncovered balconies in my signature (click on the links). There are also links to dragable deck plans for the Epic where you can see exactly where your room is and what's around it.

hi can anyone tell me if my cabin is exposed too,its 12014, thanks ever so much

jayne

Dh and and I sailed on the EPIC B2B in October-November 2010. We were in this exact stateroom. It's covered and sheltered. Enjoy - wish we were on the EPIC again. Maybe soon...

e are looking at a booking on the epic for Thanksgiving. Best balcony prices are on deck 8. I know about the lifeboats and the uncovered balconies. my priority would be to have a covered balcony with the bed close to balcony not too obstructed. of the cabins available cabin 8116looks the best.

Cany anyone give me the exterior photo of the Epic with this cabin outlined? I have searched thru all 22 pages here and none of the links seem to be close enough for me to pick it out,

Thank you!!!

e are looking at a booking on the epic for Thanksgiving. Best balcony prices are on deck 8. I know about the lifeboats and the uncovered balconies. my priority would be to have a covered balcony with the bed close to balcony not too obstructed. of the cabins available cabin 8116looks the best.

Cany anyone give me the exterior photo of the Epic with this cabin outlined? I have searched thru all 22 pages here and none of the links seem to be close enough for me to pick it out,

Thank you!!!

Post #9 in this thread provide extensive info on that cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1565059

Once you read the thread you can come back to this post and click on this much larger picture

http://images51.fotki.com/v102/fileKPpw/0e34b/6/649277/6412246/Image1.jpg

Edited by sdmike

I found that part of the thread after I posted, but the big pix makes it so much more visible. they have 8112 avail as well which also has the bed configured near balcony, do you think that would be preferable? Looks like the window washing machine is below that one

Chrissy

• 2 weeks later...

My cabin is 9150. I have gone through this entire thread and cannot find via the plan whether this cabin's view is obstructed by the lifeboats or not, or whether it is a roofless cabin or normal! Please please please can somebody help me?!!!!

My cabin is 9150. I have gone through this entire thread and cannot find via the plan whether this cabin's view is obstructed by the lifeboats or not, or whether it is a roofless cabin or normal! Please please please can somebody help me?!!!!

Your balcony is covered. Here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

The lifeboats do not obstruct any views except directly down. Deck 9 is better than deck 8 since the lifeboats basically stick out from deck 7

OMG! I have so been looking forward to my Med cruise at the end of April. Like others, I have been reading alot. Our cabin on the Epic is 12172, and we had no choice as my company booked for us. I called to try and change but most cabins are full on this cruise. So, I am very disappointed on the comments "do not get a bed by the door!". Since probably half the ship have this layout, does this mean all us "bed by the door" people are going to be very unhappy with our cabin? I hope not!

OMG! I have so been looking forward to my Med cruise at the end of April. Like others, I have been reading alot. Our cabin on the Epic is 12172, and we had no choice as my company booked for us. I called to try and change but most cabins are full on this cruise. So, I am very disappointed on the comments "do not get a bed by the door!". Since probably half the ship have this layout, does this mean all us "bed by the door" people are going to be very unhappy with our cabin? I hope not!

No, not at all. Don't worry about it. The room is perfectly fine

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Mike, re: your statement that only Deck 8 has uncovered balconies, that's not entirely true. There are some staterooms on the 9th that are uncovered.---those way forward and those in the stern, mainly 9269 to 9286. There are also some kind of on the bump-out, midship. I have been doing so much research on this,because we wanted uncovered. I might be wrong (God, I hope not--I've changed cabins 3 times) I ended up choosing 9278. BTW, I'd like to thank you for some great reads about this ship. We are so looking forward to it.:)

hi,

ive booked stateroom 9278 for september 2012 would be good if you could let me know if its covered if your travelling before me as i really want covered balcony .thanks for your help

• 4 weeks later...