Grand Cayman Wedding through Carnival

I have booked a wedding package through Carnival to get married on shore. It's a year away, but I'm trying to plan some of the major and minor details now. Has anyone on here gotten married on shore with Carnival in GC? I am wondering if someone has a timeline they could post of the day. I am going on the Vista, getting married at Smith Cove Beach and then heading back to the ship for the reception.

Do you have time to get ashore early and do hair/makeup on the island? Or is it best to get prepared on the ship first? I'm worried about doing my hair for no reason just to have it get messed up on the ride over to the island. And at Smith Cove beach there is no where to get ready so I would have to wear my dress on the tender ride too. Has anyone done this? Any advice or pictures would be wonderful. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We're also getting married at Smiths Cove in Grand Cayman from a Carnival ship but in April 2018 except we're going through a private wedding planner instead of Carnival's. I've been wondering the same thing about getting ready beforehand, wearing the dress etc. Hopefully you get some answers before you set sail to help us both out! Good luck!!!

• 1 month later...

I'll be getting married on smith cove beach in January so I can let you know whatever information I get after that! I'm planning on getting ready on the ship and wearing my dress...maybe blindfolding my fiancé? Or wearing something long over the dress so no one can see it? Not sure yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds really nice ladies!! Grand Cayman, or any tendering port would be a big concern for me because ships do miss that port due to wind and weather frequently. You may want to check and see if there is a contingency plan in place just in case :) good luck to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My daughter just decided that she wants to get married in Grand Cayman, so we're in the planning phase for her wedding next August. I'm super interested to hear how things went for those who have already been through this! I'm helping her with the planning and research. We're trying to decide if we go through carnival weddings or an on island wedding planner (getting quotes from the Ritz and Grand Old House). I'm worried about tendering and how Carnival will get guests on the island for the pre-arranged transportation to the wedding venue. Did y'all have your receptions on the island or back on the ship? Any info and tips/recommendations would be great! Thanks :)

My daughter just decided that she wants to get married in Grand Cayman, so we're in the planning phase for her wedding next August. I'm super interested to hear how things went for those who have already been through this! I'm helping her with the planning and research. We're trying to decide if we go through carnival weddings or an on island wedding planner (getting quotes from the Ritz and Grand Old House). I'm worried about tendering and how Carnival will get guests on the island for the pre-arranged transportation to the wedding venue. Did y'all have your receptions on the island or back on the ship? Any info and tips/recommendations would be great! Thanks :)
So I chose an island wedding planner - http://www.caymanislandsweddingsandevents.com/mobile/ however our cruise is in April which is supposedly good weather. If I was going during hurricane season though, I would've gone through Carnival because it's guaranteed. Going through the wedding planner, it's way cheaper and you get the digital pictures INCLUDED. Through Carnival, I heard it's potentially hundreds if not thousands for the pictures which is over and above what they already charge. Ours is just going to be a very simple ceremony on the beach, hopefully we'll have some time for sightseeing and I made reservations for everyone at the steakhouse that night back on board but I didn't want any big to-do typical wedding stuff anyways.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app